Cape Buffalo pictures

That’s a freaking nice bull. Kudos!
Thanks Green Chili! He’s the finest trophy I’ve ever taken. The team in the 2nd picture get all of the credit. I highly recommend Charlton McCallum Safaris and their Dande area.
 
True story... A few weeks back, I was having breakfast with my PH, Don Laaks. It was his daughter's 10th birthday. He was face timing her, and he invited me over to his phone to sing Happy Birthday with him. As we looked at the screen and his daughter's cherubic face, I heard him say "Look who I have with me! It's Father Christmas!"
That’s hilarious TT! We have a true celebrity in our midst!
 
My first and only bull so far, hunted last year with Wik (Game 4 Africa Safaris). Rifle is a custom .375 H&H with Barnes factory 300 TSX. It took 1 shot and the death bellow followed soon after.
Buff 1.jpg
Buff 2.jpg
 
Thanks Green Chili! He’s the finest trophy I’ve ever taken. The team in the 2nd picture get all of the credit. I highly recommend Charlton McCallum Safaris and their Dande area.
Which PH? I’ve hunted with Alan and know Buzz and Myles.
 
Nice!
 
Any wide cows taken? I saw a 50”.
 
I am two cows in, and someday there WILL be a bull... and it'll be a lever gun that kills him.

My two... The first was a frontal shot at a pissed off cow. It only took a single shot and she was down in about 20 or so yards. (2021) The second was a month ago. She was trotting by right to left, and the shot hit her behind the shoulder and took out her heart. She went down in about 30ish yards.

Both were shot with a Marlin GBL (.45-70) shooting handloads utilizing Cutting Edge 325 grain brass solids.

I want a bull. But on this most recent trip I wasn't willing to give up on a number of plains games species to afford the bull. I am 56 - not a spring chicken, but I have time; a bull will happen (maybe more than one!)

P.S. I blame my recent one on @PARA45 ... He shared photos of his cow, and I decided I wanted another buffalo; I was originally going to forego buffalo completely on this trip.

View attachment 545944

View attachment 545945
Nice animals! I am 64 yet feel honestly like I’m 40!!!
 
My son went a little crazy after shooting his first buffalo last year. He decided that the remaining days of the hunt he just wanted to continue to track and sneak into more bulls searching for a specific bull which he eventually found. North West Province, .404 Jeffery
7b2467e6-bc5f-4f95-b41a-4901e42d4f34.jpeg
IMG_5018.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,309
Messages
1,572,428
Members
169,566
Latest member
billfishes
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top