Cape Buffalo pictures

That’s a freaking nice bull. Kudos!
Thanks Green Chili! He’s the finest trophy I’ve ever taken. The team in the 2nd picture get all of the credit. I highly recommend Charlton McCallum Safaris and their Dande area.

True story... A few weeks back, I was having breakfast with my PH, Don Laaks. It was his daughter's 10th birthday. He was face timing her, and he invited me over to his phone to sing Happy Birthday with him. As we looked at the screen and his daughter's cherubic face, I heard him say "Look who I have with me! It's Father Christmas!"
That’s hilarious TT! We have a true celebrity in our midst!

My first and only bull so far, hunted last year with Wik (Game 4 Africa Safaris). Rifle is a custom .375 H&H with Barnes factory 300 TSX. It took 1 shot and the death bellow followed soon after.
Buff 1.jpg
Buff 2.jpg

Thanks Green Chili! He’s the finest trophy I’ve ever taken. The team in the 2nd picture get all of the credit. I highly recommend Charlton McCallum Safaris and their Dande area.
Which PH? I’ve hunted with Alan and know Buzz and Myles.

Any wide cows taken? I saw a 50”.

I am two cows in, and someday there WILL be a bull... and it'll be a lever gun that kills him.

My two... The first was a frontal shot at a pissed off cow. It only took a single shot and she was down in about 20 or so yards. (2021) The second was a month ago. She was trotting by right to left, and the shot hit her behind the shoulder and took out her heart. She went down in about 30ish yards.

Both were shot with a Marlin GBL (.45-70) shooting handloads utilizing Cutting Edge 325 grain brass solids.

I want a bull. But on this most recent trip I wasn't willing to give up on a number of plains games species to afford the bull. I am 56 - not a spring chicken, but I have time; a bull will happen (maybe more than one!)

P.S. I blame my recent one on @PARA45 ... He shared photos of his cow, and I decided I wanted another buffalo; I was originally going to forego buffalo completely on this trip.

View attachment 545944

View attachment 545945
Nice animals! I am 64 yet feel honestly like I’m 40!!!

My son went a little crazy after shooting his first buffalo last year. He decided that the remaining days of the hunt he just wanted to continue to track and sneak into more bulls searching for a specific bull which he eventually found. North West Province, .404 Jeffery
7b2467e6-bc5f-4f95-b41a-4901e42d4f34.jpeg
IMG_5018.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaubeerchen44

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg