Can we please stop talking about "flat shooting" cartridges

@colorado
Where the velocities for the 105gn book or actual chrono velocities.
I've loaded for a couple of mates 243s and could only just get 2,800 fps with 100 grainers snd Max loads.
The 87gn VMAX was flat out at almost 3,000fps with a max load of H4350/ADI 2209. These were actual chrono velocities out of 22 in barrels in 3 different rifles. Tikka, Sako a BSA Monarch and a CZ.
Very disappointing and all say that can't be right the book says different. Sorry folks the book like Winchester LIED.
Bob
With a 24" pipe chambered in 6XC smaller case than a 243 I'm clocking 3050 without pushing it hard. With a 6CM again smaller than a 243 I have clocked anywhere between 3150fps to 3280fps. this is across several dozen barrels. Those where With Berger 105 hybrid and H4350.

I have some friends pushing 243s over 3100 with H1000 using the same bullets.

I am coming in late and not sure how I missed this. No rifle shoots flat. Review your ballistic tables. End of conversation.
Oh, so that just be why the US Army is going back to the .45-70. Maybe not.
Well, the .30-30 also shoots to the same point of impact at 400 yards as a 7mm Rem Mag? That doesn't sound quite right either.
I have reviewed ballistic tables. Just because all rifle bullets drop at the same speed does not mean that mean a faster bullet does not travel further before it drops too far to be useful. Simple physics. Now that is the end of discussion.

Oh, so that just be why the US Army is going back to the .45-70. Maybe not.
Well, the .30-30 also shoots to the same point of impact at 400 yards as a 7mm Rem Mag? That doesn't sound quite right either.
I have reviewed ballistic tables. Just because all rifle bullets drop at the same speed does not mean that mean a faster bullet does not travel further before it drops too far to be useful. Simple physics. Now that is the end of discussion.
All projectiles travel in an arc.

Try a 24 inch bbl & AR2213SC & 100 grain bullets, & what is the bbl length of your 25 super duper 303 ? with how many grains of what powder?.:unsure:
@rdog
24 inches, stainless steel Llijla match grade.
115gn, 117grain 55gn Hogdon superformance
Any 100gn 58gn Hogdon superformance.
Bob

243 good for everything up to buff (Bob says). Lol
@Jamie D Van Roekel
Have you been on the sipping whiskey again mate or just having funny dreams.
Ifn y'all hit a buf on the head enough times with the barrel it might work but more than likely just piss him off. I will let you try that experiment
Bob

"Anyone who has problems with it needs to learn how to shoot." One of the main problems with the .243 is that people buy these for kids because they don't have much recoil. Kids are learning to shoot, and the result is more wounded deer. Then you have the issue of things going slightly wrong even for very experienced hunters. Anyone that says they are such good shooters that they never misplace a shot while hunting is lying.
Will a .243 kill a deer or even an elk with precise shot placement? Obviously, yes, it can be done with even smaller cartridges, but that does not make any ofbthem
Don't know what happened to this last sentence, but it should have been, "Obviously, yes, but that does not make a .243 or anything smaller a great cartridge for bigger game."

@rdog
24 inches, stainless steel Llijla match grade.
115gn, 117grain 55gn Hogdon superformance
Any 100gn 58gn Hogdon superformance.
Bob
So we are comparing nearly a 25/06 with a 24 inch bbl, to a 243 with a 22 inch bbl, or course the 25 is going to be better. Happy new year to you & your family Bob. may our health be good so we can carry on this BS next year. I am going to polish my 24 inch 243 now.;)

So we are comparing nearly a 25/06 with a 24 inch bbl, to a 243 with a 22 inch bbl, or course the 25 is going to be better. Happy new year to you & your family Bob. may our health be good so we can carry on this BS next year. I am going to polish my 24 inch 243 now.;)
@rdog
Same to you and your lovely wife my friend.
You would get more joy out of having something else polished and laving that 243 alone.
Use your imagination there mate.
Ha ha ha ha
Bob

@rdog
Same to you and your lovely wife my friend.
You would get more joy out of having something else polished and laving that 243 alone.
Use your imagination there mate.
Ha ha ha ha
Bob
Problem is its becoming a single shot,& needs regular lubrication 243s must get like that with age!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineBr

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa