Bob Nelson I sold my .243!

I was able to get 2920 with H1000 and 105gr A Max...but then the bullets bounced off the targets back into the cases as a laughing kangaroo appeared and took a long pull off a bottle and then staggered off laughing. Part of this story is true.
@Forrest Halley
The only part that's true is you used H1000. The rest is pure BS.
Bob

WOW!!!! hahaha
I see the title of this post very late!
But I laughed all the time while I was reading it!
Congratulations, the 7-08 are a great shot, but... I prefer the 308...
Did all the things you´re son did, but better...:ROFLMAO:(y)

WOW!!!! hahaha
I see the title of this post very late!
But I laughed all the time while I was reading it!
Congratulations, the 7-08 are a great shot, but... I prefer the 308...
Did all the things you´re son did, but better...:ROFLMAO:(y)
Don’t worry, my .308 is still my #1 rifle!

Well your load isn't at max until you need a hammer to open the bolt ...
I did that ONCE! Back in my early days of reloading, I loaded some 62 or 63gr of H4831 in my .270W with a 130gr Sierra BTSP. My brother and I went pig hunting. My first shot was a flash through the scope and the bolt locked up on my Winchester M70. I got the pig but I took the rifle to a gunsmith to get the bolt hammered open. Other than that, the gunsmith said the rifle was good to go. Thank God for modern rifles! LOL

Yes, I read thath!!!....
I hope you´re 7-08 gives you a lot of satisfactions!!!
What are you going to feed him? Factory ammo? handload?
Which components?
I’m not a handloader so it’ll be factory ammo.

Couldn't have been. He didn't suck the bottle inside out, wink and skip away with glee.

Okay I'll retest on the Chrono and report back. No biggie. We shall see Bob...
Get Bob's @Bob Nelson 35Whelen brand of revisionist chrono "Dead On" which uses modern math in conjunction with derivatives to get the results from a given load result that you want. LOL

My self too. I haven't had one of them in a long time, but once I find a good handload I tend to stick with it. I load my 500 Jeffery a few grains below max just because of my recoil tolerance. 570g at 2300 fps should be good enough.

My self too. I haven't had one of them in a long time, but once I find a good handload I tend to stick with it. I load my 500 Jeffery a few grains below max just because of my recoil tolerance. 570g at 2300 fps should be good enough.
@colorado
I like to find one of 2 loads with 2 different bullet weights for each caliber and stick with that.
Fortunately my 25 shoots 100gn TTSX and 117grain SST, 115gn nosler balistic tips to the same point of impact out to around 250 yards.
The Whelen doest care what I Chuck down it's guts from 225 to 310gn same point of impact at 100yds just have to remember what's in it at the time psst 200 yards.
Bob

@colorado
I like to find one of 2 loads with 2 different bullet weights for each caliber and stick with that.
Fortunately my 25 shoots 100gn TTSX and 117grain SST, 115gn nosler balistic tips to the same point of impact out to around 250 yards.
The Whelen doest care what I Chuck down it's guts from 225 to 310gn same point of impact at 100yds just have to remember what's in it at the time psst 200 yards.
Bob
So would you say that it's a BUNDY-bus?

So would you say that it's a BUNDY-bus?
@Forrest Halley
You bin sniffin powder again mate. We is talking load and bullets not Bundy and buses.
I was sent a photo of how you got your son into shooting.
Screenshot_20230422-213256_WhatsApp.jpg

Thought you might like a copy
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

@Forrest Halley
You bin sniffin powder again mate. We is talking load and bullets not Bundy and buses.
I was sent a photo of how you got your son into shooting.
View attachment 532489
Thought you might like a copy
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob
That's funny right there. Speaking of which I just ordered his first .22 rifle. CZ 457. Trouble is it's not the youth model and they won't sell me a short stock. May end up buying a nicer stock later and cutting the one it comes with.

With regard to the 105 gr AMax and similar 105 gr bullets- I understood that these bullets needed a 1-8" twist and all of the 243 Win rifles that I have seen had 1 - 10" twist. Has the twist been changed to 1-8 or is 1 - 10" able to stabilize them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fgrttuyty673

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]