404 jeffery vs 416 Rigby

No offense taken. I was responding to someone who had provided a couple of recoils in pounds of two different cartridges. You can see this earlier in the thread. He was wondering why there was a marked difference. Nothing to do with me or what I shoot. I was trying to explain the reason for the difference which in this instance had to do with the weight of the powder. Nothing to do with the calibers I shoot either.

I appreciate the wisdom of shooting only what I can shoot but it wasn't relating to my abilities or lack of. If bringing any information of this type bothers anyone. I'll stop right now. No problem. My apologies.

No offense taken. I was responding to someone who had provided a couple of recoils in pounds of two different cartridges. You can see this earlier in the thread. He was wondering why there was a marked difference. Nothing to do with me or what I shoot. I was trying to explain the reason for the difference which in this instance had to do with the weight of the powder. Nothing to do with the calibers I shoot either.

I appreciate the wisdom of shooting only what I can shoot but it wasn't relating to my abilities or lack of. If bringing any information of this type bothers anyone. I'll stop right now. No problem. My apologies.

Hi Paul Homsy,

I like your posts.
My brain is not user friendly in general but, especially regarding mathematics so, please do not take my wise cracks as anything more than sniveling from the peanut gallery.
And neither pay much attention to Mr. Spike.T, as he likes short barreled double rifles and orange flavored vodka so, he's right out.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Cheers Velo Dog,

Thank you for the kind words. I most likely wrote too much. As or rifles, I've only shot a friend's double a couple of times but don't own one. Otherwise I shot a large number of calibers, most in fact, in bolt actions. I work with numbers and my curiosity always makes me apply them to whatever I do. Not everyone enjoys reading that jargon. I don't blame Spike, T one bit.

Thanks for writing.

Paul

Cheers Velo Dog,

Thank you for the kind words. I most likely wrote too much. As or rifles, I've only shot a friend's double a couple of times but don't own one. Otherwise I shot a large number of calibers, most in fact, in bolt actions. I work with numbers and my curiosity always makes me apply them to whatever I do. Not everyone enjoys reading that jargon. I don't blame Spike, T one bit.

Thanks for writing.

Paul

paul no problems with you or anyone writing about these things, so please keep doing it. all i was saying is to me sometimes it seems the theory gets in the way of the practical.....:) :D Beers:

And neither pay much attention to Mr. Spike.T, as he likes short barreled double rifles and orange flavored vodka so, he's right out.

now come on MR VD its short barrels in general as you know :E Big Grin:...and havent had any orange grey goose in a long time as cant find it in zambia these days........:(

Velo Dog, I agree that the theory can get in the way of the practical. You're 100% correct.
thanks again and cheers !

Velo Dog, I agree that the theory can get in the way of the practical. You're 100% correct.
thanks again and cheers !

now paul i thought i said that.......as its far too philosophical for MR VD @Velo Dog to even contemplate coming up with.......:A Tease::E Rofl:

You did say that !! All wise men say that as well. Very sorry to hear about the vodka supply...o_O
I personally go for South African wines.

now come on MR VD its short barrels in general as you know :E Big Grin:...and havent had any orange grey goose in a long time as cant find it in zambia these days........:(

In regards to Zambia's vodka shortages, I shall stop poking fun at you for a moment of silent prayer.

@spike.t Just get some clear alcohol (of the drinkable type) and throw in some fruit juice. :D Most of the clear drinking spirits made in NZ are a byproduct of Fonterra's dairy processing.

now paul i thought i said that.......as its far too philosophical for MR VD @Velo Dog to even contemplate coming up with.......:A Tease::E Rofl:
I think Spike found some Grey Goose!

@spike.t Just get some clear alcohol (of the drinkable type) and throw in some fruit juice. :D Most of the clear drinking spirits made in NZ are a byproduct of Fonterra's dairy processing.

o_O.....:E Hmmm:....milk flavoured vodka.....:E Thinking:.....:E No:......:A Vomit:........:E Big Grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoraJ16473

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?