.375 Cal Suppressor anyone?

could i see more pictures of this? i am considering doing this with my model 70, also didn't realize you could bring them into moz. thanks
I've not seen anything stating that silencer/suppressors are not allowed in Mozambique. Your question though also makes me realize I've not seen anything stating they are allowed. I messaged my PH as my upcoming hunt is in Mozambique to have him confirm they are allowed. But also interested if anyone here has more concrete proof of them either being allowed or being prohibited. Are suppressors controlled items in Mozambique?

I've not seen anything stating that silencer/suppressors are not allowed in Mozambique. Your question though also makes me realize I've not seen anything stating they are allowed. I messaged my PH as my upcoming hunt is in Mozambique to have him confirm they are allowed. But also interested if anyone here has more concrete proof of them either being allowed or being prohibited. Are suppressors controlled items in Mozambique?
I can’t point you to anything written one way or the other. Obviously listen to whatever you outfitters says!

My experience based on one trip to Mozambique, October 2023. I checked with my outfitter before hand and he said suppressors are legal in Mozambique. My PH confirmed during the hunt that a number of clients have brought suppressors over to Mozambique. I had zero issue traveling with my suppressor through South Africa and importing through Tete, Mozambique.

They checked my rifle and serial number, but nobody in Africa, even bothered to look at my suppressor or ask for paperwork. I actually didn’t have any issues on the US side either. When I came back through Atlanta they didn’t even ask about the suppressor, want to see my form 4, or even look at my 4457 for the suppressor. Just checked the rifle serial number on my 4457 and sent me on my way.

So based on my experience, I would not hesitate to bring a suppressor to Mozambique. I’ll definitely be bringing my suppressor again on my next Mozambique hunt in 2025. I’m a bit bummed my suppressor has to stay at home for my Zimbabwe hunt this fall.

Chase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickeyBrie

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com