.375 Cal Suppressor anyone?

Google:

Gunwerks 6ix+, AB Raptor Eight Stack, CGS Hyperion K, Thunder Beast Dominus​

Long long thread on it.

Or Google:

AB raptor review.

Threads on every major website for shooters singing its praises.

Oh yeah. I own one and it’s my favorite of 5.

I would not call that a very scientific review. I'm not saying it is a bad suppressor. It is doing what it is intended to do. Call it one of the best on the market? Basing that on the authors opinions, no data to back it up?

All I can say is this, TBAC is one of the leading innovators of the suppressor industry. They are committed to building the best suppressors you can buy. Almost everyone in the industry will tell you TBAC cans are the straightest made. Some companies will have a lower dB number every now and then. When they come up, TBAC shows the numbers. They let the world know, a competitor's can perform better than their's. They will go back to the drawing board to make their's that much better.

Their RR line, is on my list. We have a lot of great choices these days.

Haha. Thats the weirdest reply I’ve ever gotten.

There is exactly one scientific review you will find of a suppressor. Pew research. That’s easy info to find.

Everything else, like almost all the information on this site, is word of mouth and personal experience. The feedback of a raptor is nothing short of spectacular from multiple people, sources, websites, and myself.

Tabac ultra9 has middle of the road rankings.

Appreciate it Daisy
Maybe I'll buy both and compare.
The sex toy I mean raptor will need a mirage wrap just for aesthetics but I like the interchangeable tip for multi-caliber use. Loser gets used on one of the FAL'S.

I’ve gone with these silicone sleeves which work well and aren’t near as bulky as some

IMG_4494.jpeg

I would take pewscience data with a grain of salt. You can read all about it on arfcom. Besides, a few dB difference here and there isn’t noticeable in the field.

TBAC has been around since 2007 I believe. They are the gold standard in the precision can market. They really don’t have anything to prove at this point.

Speaking as a person who owns multiple TBAC cans and exactly 0 AB cans So there’s that.

Serious question. Is suppressing sound not the main job of a supressor? I keep hearing “there may be others a few decibels quieter,” and downplaying that. That is the main purpose of a can!

Those few decibels might be all the difference in hearing safe or not. It’s a log based scale. 1 decibel is not one step down but base 10.

Also I’m a doctor of hearing. Kind of my wheelhouse. PEW research looks to be a pretty well done study to my eyes

Serious question. Is suppressing sound not the main job of a supressor?

I think in most cases yes… but there are exceptions… for example my little YHM Resonator K can.. my primary objective was recoil reduction in a very light very compact rifle.. and simply to bring the noise down enough so that I wasn’t ringing my own bell while shooting inside a steel box (deer blind).. I didn’t want a whole lot of additional length added to the rifle.. and wanted the sharp slap of the 4lb 10oz 308 reduced to a less painful level.. sound reduction was the third priority…

Similar situation with the YHM R45 I picked up to use on a 458 SOCOM…

That said, I’m now shopping for a rimfire can.. my objective there is to get a 10/22 so quiet that the only thing you hear is the action cycle.. nothing else really matters much…

I’m not downplaying it, but I’d say suppressing sound is one of several factors that should be considered when purchasing a suppressor. Length, weight, POI shift, accuracy, customer support from manufacturer, etc are other potential factors. There is a point of diminishing returns. Would you want a 3’ long, 3” diameter can hanging off the end of a rifle even if it metered the lowest? I’ve been in the game for a very long time and what I’ve noticed is that the decibel chasers tend to be those who are very new to suppressors and have little to no experience with them.

There are simply too many factors involved with measuring dB reduction. Host weapon, ammo used, atmospheric conditions, elevation, etc. You will see variations of several dB even within strings of fire on these tests. Just because a can averages 139dB doesn’t mean there’s 0 chance of it damaging your hearing. As a hearing doctor, Im sure you know that.

I forget all the drama surrounding Jay and pew science. It’s been quite a while since I looked into it. It is mostly a paid service correct? And he wasn’t providing information on how to repeat his data so that others could verify? Manufacturers had to pay him to test their cans inducing bias. Once again, for those who care and are interested, read up on that thread before making a decision.

You should also look at the silencer summit data. TBAC hosted all manufacturers who wanted to attend a metering event of sorts. Using a pulse meter on the same day, same atmospherics, same ammo, same hosts, etc.

I think in most cases yes… but there are exceptions… for example my little YHM Resonator K can.. my primary objective was recoil reduction in a very light very compact rifle.. and simply to bring the noise down enough so that I wasn’t ringing my own bell while shooting inside a steel box (deer blind).. I didn’t want a whole lot of additional length added to the rifle.. and wanted the sharp slap of the 4lb 10oz 308 reduced to a less painful level.. sound reduction was the third priority…

Similar situation with the YHM R45 I picked up to use on a 458 SOCOM…

That said, I’m now shopping for a rimfire can.. my objective there is to get a 10/22 so quiet that the only thing you hear is the action cycle.. nothing else really matters much…
Make sure you are still wearing hearing protection!
I’m not downplaying it, but I’d say suppressing sound is one of several factors that should be considered when purchasing a suppressor. Length, weight, POI shift, accuracy, customer support from manufacturer, etc are other potential factors. There is a point of diminishing returns. Would you want a 3’ long, 3” diameter can hanging off the end of a rifle even if it metered the lowest? I’ve been in the game for a very long time and what I’ve noticed is that the decibel chasers tend to be those who are very new to suppressors and have little to no experience with them.

There are simply too many factors involved with measuring dB reduction. Host weapon, ammo used, atmospheric conditions, elevation, etc. You will see variations of several dB even within strings of fire on these tests. Just because a can averages 139dB doesn’t mean there’s 0 chance of it damaging your hearing. As a hearing doctor, Im sure you know that.

I forget all the drama surrounding Jay and pew science. It’s been quite a while since I looked into it. It is mostly a paid service correct? And he wasn’t providing information on how to repeat his data so that others could verify? Manufacturers had to pay him to test their cans inducing bias. Once again, for those who care and are interested, read up on that thread before making a decision.

You should also look at the silencer summit data. TBAC hosted all manufacturers who wanted to attend a metering event of sorts. Using a pulse meter on the same day, same atmospherics, same ammo, same hosts, etc.
Data that comes directly from the manufacturer, especially at a manufacturers home location, is almost completely useless. Even if the data is good, it has the appearance of bias.

I’m sure they make great products. Most people are biased toward the stuff they already own, me included. The original point I was making, is waiting around for something to come out, when there is already a good product out, doesn’t make a lot of sense for someone that doesn’t have brand loyalty.

The cool thing about the AB raptor is you can put a very short stack on the end just for hunting to get the recoil reduction and mild sound suppression. You can then add the reflex portion for range work and get great suppression and even more recoil. reduction.

Serious question. Is suppressing sound not the main job of a supressor? I keep hearing “there may be others a few decibels quieter,” and downplaying that. That is the main purpose of a can!

Those few decibels might be all the difference in hearing safe or not. It’s a log based scale. 1 decibel is not one step down but base 10.

Also I’m a doctor of hearing. Kind of my wheelhouse. PEW research looks to be a pretty well done study to my eyes

Sounds suppression is only part of the equation. If the can is not straight, it can cause turbulence as the bullet passes through the baffles. You want the space between the bullet and the baffles to be as even as possible. The straighter the can the easier that is to accomplish.

The field that you are in, you know better than most of us what the human ear can discern. From my personal observation I can't pick up the difference of a few dB when in the field. I can pick up difference between tones. Some tones sound better than others.

Maybe my ears are to damaged to be able to pick the difference up? I know as soon as I jump in my truck, if the radio is not set to my volume level. I can pick that up right away.

With some of the heavy hitter you shoot, you should give the TBAC RR a try. The recoil reduction will be very noticeable.

I have an Area 419 Maverick, it is more of a competition suppressor. It is build for recoil reduction, vs sound reduction. We suppressed my wife's 6.5CM. We tried 4 suppressor TBAC, Diligent Defense, KGM R30K, and the Maverick. Night and day difference between the Maverick and the rest. She nor my son enjoyed shoot the rifle until I mounted the Maverick. That is the can we will be taking to Africa. It drops the sound level by 5 dB. Cuts the recoil impulse a lot.

Make sure you are still wearing hearing protection!

Data that comes directly from the manufacturer, especially at a manufacturers home location, is almost completely useless. Even if the data is good, it has the appearance of bias.

I’m sure they make great products. Most people are biased toward the stuff they already own, me included. The original point I was making, is waiting around for something to come out, when there is already a good product out, doesn’t make a lot of sense for someone that doesn’t have brand loyalty.

The cool thing about the AB raptor is you can put a very short stack on the end just for hunting to get the recoil reduction and mild sound suppression. You can then add the reflex portion for range work and get great suppression and even more recoil. reduction.

Almost as useless as 3rd party data that is bought and paid for by manufacturers and can’t be replicated?

The event included all manufacturers who wanted to attend and test their products. It wasn’t TBAC doing all the testing and attempting to hide or skew results. Either way, just another data set to look at if you’re interested in dB reduction.

I agree that owners are biased which is why I pointed that out earlier. With that said, and having acquired 35 some odd stamps at this point, I don’t hesitate to trash the products I own and don’t care for. Older YHM stuff comes to mind.

Having said all of that, I really don’t care what a person chooses to spend their money on. I think it’s great we have so many options at this point. And with suppressors becoming more common, maybe legislation to remove them from NFA will gain traction.

Almost as useless as 3rd party data that is bought and paid for by manufacturers and can’t be replicated?

The event included all manufacturers who wanted to attend and test their products. It wasn’t TBAC doing all the testing and attempting to hide or skew results. Either way, just another data set to look at if you’re interested in dB reduction.

I agree that owners are biased which is why I pointed that out earlier. With that said, and having acquired 35 some odd stamps at this point, I don’t hesitate to trash the products I own and don’t care for. Older YHM stuff comes to mind.

Having said all of that, I really don’t care what a person chooses to spend their money on. I think it’s great we have so many options at this point. And with suppressors becoming more common, maybe legislation to remove them from NFA will gain traction.
Agree my man. Fun to talk about.

I didn’t read all 11 pages. But to the original question, would you buy a Dominus in .375? YES!!!!

I have two 30 Caliber TBAC cans that just accompanied me to Africa. I greatly prefer shooting suppressed.

Update. TB still is awaiting their 375 cal barrel. So no data.

While looking at @Daisy 's recommendation, i found this article that folks might find useful.

AB suppressor in 375 raptor review

I'm going to give it about a month for TB and then pivot to the AB. I really like the ability to swap the tip to smaller calibers as well.

Attachments

Has anyone tried this option?

I actually shot the non-M Hybrid 46 on my R8 375 barrel a few weeks ago and it worked well. I was hoping to get my early ordered Magnus by now (original ETA was back in April/May) but was informed it'll still be another 6-8 weeks. The Hybrid is a bit heavier but I'll be using it for my buff hunt coming up in September.

Just returned from a 10-day buffalo hunt in Mozambique. I hunted with my .375 H&H Model 70 suppressed. I used a Silencer Co Hybrid 46. Worked great and I would recommend anyone looking for a large-caliber suppressor to take a look at it. MSRP is $939, and I think they offer 15% off on the website for signing up for an email list.
Just trying to share info for future users doing research like I was last year.
Chase
View attachment 568134
could i see more pictures of this? i am considering doing this with my model 70, also didn't realize you could bring them into moz. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ToddLeeson

Latest profile posts

Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg