.375 Cal Suppressor anyone?

The adventure hunter suppressor is sized .458/ 6.5 inches/ 10.1 ounces and costs $795.
Perfect for what you want to accomplish.

HH

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 7.58.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 7.58.12 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 7.58.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 7.58.16 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 7.58.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 7.58.17 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
@Inline6 - At the risk of completely derailing the thread...

I believe suppressors have their place in hunting. Especially if doing so from a blind or some type of fixed position. Deer or predator hunting a field would be good examples. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that come to mind.

However I'm not a fan of suppressors on rifles that I will be using for spot & stalk. Added length, added weight and shifted balance make it a no-go for me. That said, I fully support @Philip Glass and I'm interested in his experiences as he continues this journey. Consider me open minded to learning from the experiences of others when it comes to this.

Now back to the meat of the matter...who wants a .375 caliber suppressor?
I would have agreeded with you 5 to 10 years ago but now things have changed. I used a 375 H&H suppressed on my last trip while stalking and never noticed the difference. A can for a 375 H&H was 12" long and weighed 24oz or more 10 years ago.

BUT NOW, my can is 7" and weigh less than a pound. Plus cut the barrel 2" to 4" and the weight is very close to original without losing much velocity (due to extra length of can). I prefer the recoil reduction and protecting my hearing more than a small inconvenience. I also shoot a much lighter rifle than I did without the can.

Personal preference but try it you might like it. I expect that cans will continue to get lighter, smaller and more manageable as new technology is developed. I do like the newer, shorter, fatter cans that have hit the market lately. So BeeMaa, I want a 375 caliber suppressor (I have 2 375 cans now)!

I use a Griffin 46

The adventure hunter suppressor is sized .458/ 6.5 inches/ 10.1 ounces and costs $795.
Perfect for what you want to accomplish.

HH

With an aluminum mono core I would be concerned on barrel length requirements. TBAC cans are arguably some of the best on the market for both sound reduction and precision.

With an aluminum mono core I would be concerned on barrel length requirements. TBAC cans are arguably some of the best on the market for both sound reduction and precision.
This is true, good point. With shorter barrel length the suppressor has to be able to handle the pressure. Luckly, factory loads are fairly low pressure in 375 H&H rifles.

I emailed the suppressor manufacture with my suppressor information, rifle caliber (375 H&H), bullet weight (300 gn), maximum velocity (2600 FPS), and they made a suggestion for barrel length (22"). They emailed me the details for my records.

I would be curious about the recommended barrel length for an aluminum core supressor for a 375 H&H at 2600 fps with a 300 grain TSX.

This is true, good point. With shorter barrel length the suppressor has to be able to handle the pressure. Luckly, factory loads are fairly low pressure in 375 H&H rifles.

I emailed the suppressor manufacture with my suppressor information, rifle caliber (375 H&H), bullet weight (300 gn), maximum velocity (2600 FPS), and they made a suggestion for barrel length (22"). They emailed me the details for my records.

I would be curious about the recommended barrel length for an aluminum core supressor for a 375 H&H at 2600 fps with a 300 grain TSX.

(From the TBAC website) My guess would be close to the 300WM, 375h&h is using faster powder than the WM I have not run the numbers to see when the 375h&h hits full burn. Where ever that is, will probably be close to shortest barrel recommendations. Would be my guess.

Screenshot_20230524_163026_Chrome.jpg

Are any of the .375 suppressors user serviceable?

I would be interested. This is not a passing interest, but serious. I have several cans already but none above 30 cal. I own a threaded 375 Ruger and will own a 338 RPM, so this would be great
My apologies in advance for possibly raining on your parade, but if your threaded .375 Ruger is one of the Ruger Hawkeyes and is factory threaded, it will almost certainly have 5/8"-18 threads. This thread pitch is definitely not common in the suppressor world. Actually, it's almost unheard of.

If the suppressor has a hub mount you might be able to find a direct thread adapter that would work, or you could have one custom made, but I'm not aware of any muzzle brake/suppressor mounts available in 5/8-18. 5/8-24 is pretty much the standard for suppressor mounts on rifles in the US, with some exceptions for small bores and big bores.

I have one of the older .375 Ruger Alaskans which was made before they started offering them factory threaded. When I decided to suppress it, my first thought was to just swap the barrel to one of the newer ones with threads to avoid having to relocate the front sight. Unfortunately, due to the oddball thread pitch Ruger decided to use, I ended up having to get my factory barrel threaded 5/8-24. Hopefully I'll have it back soon. If your rifle is already threaded 5/8-24, consider yourself lucky. Getting mine threaded has been a long road.

You will need to thread your barrel for mm not 5/8 US if you wish to use a suppressor outside the US. My understanding is that you buy through your PH and leave it there.

I'd be interested in one. That ugly little laminated 375 Ruger Guide Gun is already threaded. So why not? It even has a short barrel.

You will need to thread your barrel for mm not 5/8 US if you wish to use a suppressor outside the US. My understanding is that you buy through your PH and leave it there.
Metric thread would definitely make things easier if buying a suppressor overseas, but it appears that there are a few 5/8-24 options available in South Africa. I'm considering doing just that and already have the rifle threaded 5/8-24, so I researched it.

There are also companies out there that make adapters for pretty much any thread pitch for this purpose. Not ideal, since it adds to the tolerance stack, but it is an option for those who already have rifles threaded to US specs.

I'd be interested in one. That ugly little laminated 375 Ruger Guide Gun is already threaded. So why not? It even has a short barrel.
See my post (#51) on the Guide Gun. Unfortunately, Ruger didn't make it easy on us.

My only experience with suppressors was ONE time at the range. A guy had a suppressed 9mm Glock and a 9mm Scorpion(?) type rifle. He let me shoot both but the report from each was at least as loud as a .22 rimfire. His buddy shot a suppressed AR15 about twenty yards away and IT WAS LOUD! There is no way I would shoot ANY of those without at least some plugs pushed into my ears. My hearing is bad enough to the point where I plug my ears when mowing the lawn to keep it from getting any worse.

I'm all in for supporting the idea of suppressors on rifles and more power to anyone using one and I have just the opposite opinion about dmnd brakes! :) Brakes are perfectly legal with zero regulation while suppressors require special permitting... a little rational thought comes to the conclusion that's upside down! A friend use to manufacture suppressors and was harassed out of business by the ATF. If I were 20 years younger and given the current advancement in their design, I would have one on all my larger rifles. I guess the bureaucrats and politicians who concoct and promote such gun accessory laws watched too many black and white movies when they were kids showing gangstas offing other gangstas with nearly silent pistols with suppressors or even pistols muffled by pillows- Hah. The whole reasoning for such law is a joke without reason.

I'm all in for supporting the idea of suppressors on rifles and more power to anyone using one and I have just the opposite opinion about dmnd brakes! :) Brakes are perfectly legal with zero regulation while suppressors require special permitting... a little rational thought comes to the conclusion that's upside down! A friend use to manufacture suppressors and was harassed out of business by the ATF. If I were 20 years younger and given the current advancement in their design, I would have one on all my larger rifles. I guess the bureaucrats and politicians who concoct and promote such gun accessory laws watched too many black and white movies when they were kids showing gangstas offing other gangstas with nearly silent pistols with suppressors or even pistols muffled by pillows- Hah. The whole reasoning for such law is a joke without reason.
Well, I spoke with a guy today at a LGS about suppressors. He told me he has them on all of his rifles, but still wears ear protection on his centerfire rifles. He has to "float" the price of the suppressor plus the $200 tax stamp for over the 10 months it takes for him to actually get the suppressor. WTH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia