ZIMBABWE: Leopard, Buffalo Hunt With MJK Safaris

Double the fun! Congrats on a great Safari and appreciate you taking us along for the ride with your well written adventure.

HH

Reactions: JHT
all I can say is wow! Well done and very well written. Thank you

Congratulations on a wonderful hunt and as Tinie would say “HIT EM WITH A WHIP”

Epilogue​

After a massive recovery effort, we are back at the camp by noon. We sign paperwork and film the video interviews. The next morning we begin the five hour prayer that is the drive from Makuti to Harare - an hour late - on the wrong side of the road - at 120 kilometers per hour.

What can I say about Tinie? That he’s a legend. Doug Kok, Paddy Curtis, John Sharp and others have given him the torch. Just as the old lawyers passed to me when I was a young, poor, over-worked, full of urine and vinegar Assistant District Attorney who, after a nearly half-decade lucky run of felony and capital murder prosecutions, was, in November 2008, given a chance and made the youngest trial court judge in the state of Alabama by then Governor Bob Riley and thus given the time and wherewithal to, not only, start a family but to also fulfill my lifelong dream of hunting Africa. That was three elections and three children ago.

Picture 063.JPG

Epilogue​

After a massive recovery effort, we are back at the camp by noon. We sign paperwork and film the video interviews. The next morning we begin the five hour prayer that is the drive from Makuti to Harare - an hour late - on the wrong side of the road - at 120 kilometers per hour.

Ah yes the African roller coaster I did that drive in the back. I have to say it’s a ride I’ll never be able to forget!!

Amazing hunt, animals and story. Thank you for taking us along for the ride. Congratulations.

Heck of a finish to an awesome safari. Congrats and thanks for taking us along.

Very nice night cap !

Wow, what an amazing ending to an amazing safari. Congratulations, well done, and thank you for taking us along. :A Bravo::A Bravo:

Congrats on a fantastic hunt. I was fortunate to hunt for buff and tuskless with Tinie in August and had a great time as well - a legend for sure !

For those interested, my leopard import permit has been issued by USFWS. My application was mailed to Virginia from Alabama on October 6, 2023, and issued on December 20, 2023. Cat was taken on September 12, 2023.

Exactly 8 months after arriving home, my crates were delivered to Artworks Taxidermy in Denver. I find this remarkable considering there was leopard and warthog inside. I really can't say enough good things about Andy Hunter of Chipitani Safari Company for his excellent dip and pack, and Michael Coppersmith of Coppersmith Global Logistics for clearing my crates in a timely manner and lining up trucking to Denver. Each of these gentlemen provided the best of their respective services.

That’s awesome. Looking forward to seeing the final product from the taxidermy shop. Congrats again.

Congratulations on getting everything back in the States! You had a fabulous hunt and I’ve enjoyed your tale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertaNilk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.