Your 3 favorite hunting cartridges of all time

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen it has been written!
I'm going to smite some deer with this caliber this year. Those Aussie Toe-Mah-Toes are trembling!
yep the 243 is good for ant's, smaller flies and smaller mosquitoes. Oh and they make very goos tomato stakes. :)

I got a national match M70 in 243Win a couple years ago. It was made in 1960 and I'm not sure that it's ever been fired. I suppose it will work for killing paper targets.
Don’t use cardboard targets as it may not penetrate them? LOL

This thread has been going nicely for 13 yers. I added my choices at the start

Not sure if they have changed but I will say

.22LR
.222 Rem
8 x 60

Covers it all for me but still use the ,

wait for it...

.243 - a lot ;)
13 years..nice!

12 gauge (does that count?)
.22LR

Top 10 list would have been easier!

22lr
30-06
9,3x64

The global universal set. You can adequately hunt with these 99% of the game on our planet. The two bigger ones are beltless, superbly balanced and efficient cartridges.
I like your choices- very practical.
22lr,30-06,12gauge would cover everything too. However, many gun owners own many more than the aforementioned. Years ago I started with those three . Somehow I have many more than than three- many more than one needs. I’d wager many more folks have done similarly.

I have changed my mind....

My list would now be

.416 Rem Mag
.300 Wby

Well I will have to jump back in to this;

1. 8mm Rem Mag _ a real thumper, my goto
2. 375H&H________a dependable Jack of All Trades
3. 8x57is__________a standard bearer

Recently I acquired a 6.5x55, I think sometime soon I may have to give it some serious consideration for the Top Three catagory.

7x57mm
7x64 Brenneke
9.3x62mm

Would be my PG German choices.....you could drop the 7x64 but it is such an efficient longer range killer for open areas that it would compliment the other 2.

22lr and 12ga are must haves

Don't know what you changed it from... but you do know you have option to change it back...:ROFLMAO::A Tease:
This was my original post.....only thing I changed is for DG I swapped the .416 in for the .375

Your probably gonna hate my original list more :)

Truth is I would probably swap out the .270 (forgive me Jack) for a .257 Weatherby now too.

1694310093148.png

7x57mm
7x64 Brenneke
9.3x62mm

Would be my PG German choices.....you could drop the 7x64 but it is such an efficient longer range killer for open areas that it would compliment the other 2.

22lr and 12ga are must haves
This combination makes a lot of sense…
In North America a similar combination is:

7mm-08
280 Rem
338 WM and or 375 Ruger

I agree with the 22lr and 12ga as must haves…

This was my original post.....only thing I changed is for DG I swapped the .416 in for the .375

Your probably gonna hate my original list more :)

Truth is I would probably swap out the .270 (forgive me Jack) for a .257 Weatherby now too.

View attachment 556265
@TERMINATOR
I don't know why you ruled out the 358 for Africa. It's fine for did did to eland and everything in betwixt.
Just ask @Rick HOlbert.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richardsar

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?