WTB .450 Rigby dies-trade for .404 dies/brass

RR 314

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Practice round of bartering in case my prepper friends are correct in their premise that currency will be largely worthless. :-)

I am looking for some .450 Rigby dies. Redding or RCBS. I ended up with duplicate/triplicate dies for several chamberings. All are excellent condition and some are unused. Will trade even for any shown.

Will also trade 50 pieces of new/NOS Bell .404 Jeffery brass. A month or so ago I saw similar Bell brass go for $10 a case. That is nuts (but a heck of a trade if you have .450 dies). :-)

Attachments

• IMG_8468.jpeg
    IMG_8468.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8470.jpeg
    IMG_8470.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
Grafs a d sons have it for $198 RCBS.
KRISH
Yes sir. I will give this until Monday or Tuesday and then order from them. Was hoping to get rid of some thing I don’t need and replacing it with something I do. I’m becoming a minimalist. :)

Yes sir. I will give this until Monday or Tuesday and then order from them. Was hoping to get rid of some thing I don’t need and replacing it with something I do. I’m becoming a minimalist. :)
What 450 Rigby do you have. How do you like it.
Krish

Grafs a d sons have it for $198 RCBS.

What 450 Rigby do you have. How do you like it.
Krish
I don’t. :-). I had one in AHRs DGR and sold it, along with all components, to a friend a while back and he now lives in London so I can’t go across the street to borrow his dies. . . or drink his whiskey. I loved the AHR. Well done all around.

I am somewhat of an oddity when it comes to dangerous game rifles. I really enjoy the process. I will take a rifle on a hunt and move on to something else after getting a rifle nearly perfect for me. :-). Completely different with my small bore/medium bore rifles. I keep them for decades. I do have several .375s and .404s I will never sell, but I seem to move on from others due to room in the safes and new additions.

The above being stated, I have a truly spectacular (in my eyes) .450 that should be in my grubby hands in the next couple months. That is all of the tease for now. I plan on making it a permanent member of the stable. Time will tell. :)

I don’t. :-). I had one in AHRs DGR and sold it, along with all components, to a friend a while back and he now lives in London so I can’t go across the street to borrow his dies. . . or drink his whiskey. I loved the AHR. Well done all around.

I am somewhat of an oddity when it comes to dangerous game rifles. I really enjoy the process. I will take a rifle on a hunt and move on to something else after getting a rifle nearly perfect for me. :-). Completely different with my small bore/medium bore rifles. I keep them for decades. I do have several .375s and .404s I will never sell, but I seem to move on from others due to room in the safes and new additions.

The above being stated, I have a truly spectacular (in my eyes) .450 that should be in my grubby hands in the next couple months. That is all of the tease for now. I plan on making it a permanent member of the stable. Time will tell. :)
Good to know. I collected a lot of rifles over time. My favorite is 340 wby and 375 wby. I will never sell them. After going through so many big bores I have come to the conclusion that 450 Rigby is an all round one rifle battery. Have 5 of them. One Mauser 98 magnum expert, 2 of Sako 85xl magnum premiums, one cz 550, one Sako Brown bear. Got brass from Raven Rocks. No extra dies. Most Probably get rid of all other 458 rifles, 416 rifles and so on. Thin the crowd as I have found what I think is an all round caliber.
Krish

Good to know. I collected a lot of rifles over time. My favorite is 340 wby and 375 wby. I will never sell them. After going through so many big bores I have come to the conclusion that 450 Rigby is an all round one rifle battery. Have 5 of them. One Mauser 98 magnum expert, 2 of Sako 85xl magnum premiums, one cz 550, one Sako Brown bear. Got brass from Raven Rocks. No extra dies. Most Probably get rid of all other 458 rifles, 416 rifles and so on. Thin the crowd as I have found what I think is an all round caliber.
Krish
Oh, I know. :-). I have a .458 Lott that I love--but it is tentatively spoken for by a member here. Same member hooked me up with Hulsen-Horneber brass for the .450 (Thanks again, Craig!). The .450 Rigby is a superior chambering, but for all practical purposes I can't envision there being much real world difference between the Rigby and Lott.

I plan on buffalo with my AHR .550 Magnum (we have discussed), and .700 AHR and then will likely move them out. I hope the .450 Rigby becomes my go to and I get over this crazy one time usage kick. I think this one truly will be special. I realize it makes no sense--but sure is fun! I shall buy no more big bores, forever. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuinnCarna

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe