Would you mount a Female Cape Buffalo?

Some hunters collect both male and female of every species. Have seen trophy rooms with them all mounted lifsize...

I had a cow Euro mounted. It was an exciting hunt.

IMG_2116.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't, just not my cup of tea.
Here is a very unusual mount with the long curl drop mentioned. This was shot in the Zambezi valley and the mount hangs In a lodge in the Save.
View attachment 611531
Kevin, bulls that lose their testicles at a young age or are severely affected grow up so abnormally.
Look at the one in my photo, it was clearly a guy as I could see (at least half a guy)
Of course I would also hang a cow on my wall, but I would save myself a shoulder mount.
Of the many buffalo I saw, some of them at a distance of 10 meters, a buffalo cow was the only buffalo that "had balls in its pants" and attacked us.
abnorm.JPG

These are from the post "SOUTH AFRICA: Two Buffalo Cows And A Wildebeest Charge. Who Gnu?"

I would have seriously consider doing a shoulder mount on the one on the right. But since wall space is limited in my house, I would have done a euro mount.

1718024665052.png

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You beat me to it...

I shot two. Both were great hunts, particularly the first. If I had a bigger bank account? I would have considered it. I am all about the memories that are generated. If there's some level of trophy quality others find pleasing, that's just a bonus.
The bottom line is it’s your hunt and your memories not anyone else’s. If you want to do taxidermy on a Cow then have it mounted with pride with your great story to tell!!!

Would it matter to you if the cow self-identified as a bull.

Full body or bust …. Maybe getting attacked by some lions or hyenas

Moving towards European for almost everything - cost and space.
Absolutely euro a cow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerleneRus

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt