Would you mount a Female Cape Buffalo?

Not unless it had a really exceptional spread.

I'm driving straight to Cabelas in the morning, and asking the manager of the Gun Library this very question. ;-)

This one was not too bad.
2019-08-26 buffalo posed(2).JPG

And the hunt was more exciting than anticipated. The herd bull came for us three times after she was down. One shot at 110 yards in the heart. She made a respectable mount.
20220521_113447.jpg

I shot this bull my second trip. Also a memorable hunt with one of my best running shots.
Buffalo2.JPG

The mount is comparable to the cow's, I think anyway.
530725932_20230408_113031_1328472_resized.jpg

Record R&W was a cow for a long time. Can’t recall for sure, but think it was bumped. As you know, R&W only scores width so no problem with thinner boss.
I didn't, but I do now.

I might, depends on the hunt and how I felt about it.

Would you pay to get a quality floor pedestal mount of a Female Cape Buffalo, or would that just "look off"?
@migrabill - thank God I opened and read your post - Not just the “title”

I would not invest in a pedestal mount for a cow buffalo.

The title reminded me of a story I heard in Africa from a PH.

A guy shot two baboons, a male and female. The PH knew the client liked taxidermy and so asked him 'would you like them mounted?' and the client said; 'no, just holding hands!' :)

I wouldn't invest in a pedestal mount for a bull buffalo. Too big and ugly.
Oh, I don't know. I think in the right setting a buffalo pedestal can be quite impressive.

buff2.jpg

I wouldn’t BUT I would highly recommend hunting them. Cow buff and ele are not boring!

If it was a memorable hunt I would get an European mount, but will be the story thats impressive not the mount!
Big Buff Bull is a different story!

Jokes aside.

Euro only, just so I felt like their was commemoration of the hunt. And even then I'd have to make sure there was other PG along with it in the crate to make it worth it.

I'd much rather spend more and try to find bull with broken horns as a cull. Something with some real "character" that maybe they were willing to discount off full price. A real fighter or something like that.

It's all expensive at the end of the day anyway.

I wouldn't, just not my cup of tea.
Here is a very unusual mount with the long curl drop mentioned. This was shot in the Zambezi valley and the mount hangs In a lodge in the Save.
View attachment 611531
Supplement my ignorance. Is that a Cow Buffalo? Or some odd Bull? Still, nice hunting trophy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyman88W3

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?