Would you like a Cigar?

I really like the "Best Seller" as well.. just slightly longer, and just a tiny bit more ring gauge, which makes the blend just a tiny bit different.. (I find the best seller to be a little more creamy)...

All of the hemingways are great... but for whatever reason I gravitate toward the smaller sticks in that line.. they were a top 10 go-to smoke for me back when I was doing some serious collecting and smoking.. I used to go through at least a couple of boxes of short stories a year (back when I was consuming 300-400 cigars a year and maintaining a collection of +/- 2500)...

I do my best to maintain a healthy supply of cigars in my 2000 cigar humidor, but darned if I don’t smoke the lot down to a few hundred and then it cost me a fortune to build back the inventory. And it sure doesn’t help when you enablers keep posting great cigars and I keep buying! Wish I had @Para45’s Mom in the family

Thank you uncle Mort, I am lucky to have such a wonderful and special mom.

109 degrees today.....yuck!.....We dont see fall weather until December....lol

I haven't really smoked anything new & exciting lately. Just the usual suspects.

I did pick up this My Father Fonseca Edition MX to sample.
Similar in price to the Le Bijou.
It's an earthy and robust cigar, with a spicy finish that's not too over the top.

IMG_20240928_164402137.jpg

That is a great smoke!!

Reactions: MTA
Has anyone heard from Uncle Mort? Not sure if Helene impacted his area or not.

@BourbonTrail, were you impacted by Helene at all?

We got lucky this thing shifted east of us, and it missed us by about 40 miles. A town called Dublin was not so lucky. :confused:

We got lucky this thing shifted east of us, and it missed us by about 40 miles. A town called Dublin was not so lucky. :confused:
We just had enough rain to saturate the ground, and I think Nashville wasn’t too bad off as some of our friends in Shelbyville, TN checked out ok.

East TN is a mess, as is all of mountain NC.

Some folks I know in Radford, VA said the New River crested 31ft above normal (high water mark is at 14ft above normal).

There are a number of great sticks out there but my all time go-to is the H. Upmann by A J Fernadez. It is my fav.

Are there better? Probably, are there other great cigars? definitely. But, when the AJ's are in the humidor, I have a hard time choosing anything else.

Attachments

• Glencarin.jpg
    Glencarin.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Cigar.jpg
    Cigar.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 9

All good in Nashville. Lost power Friday thru Saturday morning, a few trees down, but just steady rain, no flooding. Thanks for thinking of us. Much worse in East TN and been in touch with several folks that lost everything in Asheville with my former employer. Just mind boggling the streams I have hiked that became rivers and washed away homes and everything.

Are the east coast games being played today?
Wanted to see Georgia rebound after that tough loss to Bama.

Are the east coast games being played today?
Wanted to see Georgia rebound after that tough loss to Bama.

Yes, major games are all on from the amount of football banter I am getting from friends across the South.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredrickWe

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]