Would you like a Cigar?

IMG_2976.JPG

A cigar lover is like the US Postal Service. Neither rain, nor sleet nor snow shall keep us from smoking our stogie!

Hello all. I enjoyed reading the thread. I did start smoking cigars at an early age (12) and started with my Uncle Andy's White Owls and Winchesters Hahaha. Over 50 years of smoking as provided some improvements. I favor Dominican cigars over all others and prefer 50 rings. Upmann and Punch can be found in my humidor, but Romeo y Julieta are often my everyday cigar in different sizes and strength. I find them to be very consistent and burn evenly.

My favorite cigar is a Cuban Montecristo #2 torpedo, when I can get them (an afford them), unbelievable strong and consistent.

Warning to others here, while in South Africa I found quality cigars to be very scarce. I would bring a full travel humidor and not expect to replenish while in country.

Roger

Reactions: 503
Hello all. I enjoyed reading the thread. I did start smoking cigars at an early age (12) and started with my Uncle Andy's White Owls and Winchesters Hahaha. Over 50 years of smoking as provided some improvements. I favor Dominican cigars over all others and prefer 50 rings. Upmann and Punch can be found in my humidor, but Romeo y Julieta are often my everyday cigar in different sizes and strength. I find them to be very consistent and burn evenly.

My favorite cigar is a Cuban Montecristo #2 torpedo, when I can get them (an afford them), unbelievable strong and consistent.

Warning to others here, while in South Africa I found quality cigars to be very scarce. I would bring a full travel humidor and not expect to replenish while in country.

Roger

Welcome @RLP. You are certainly a veteran to the stogie smokers group here. I agree on scarcity of good cigars while traveling, especially African hunting destinations. I always travel with cigars as if the apocalypse will happen while I am gone, and I get a lot of grief from folks on the thread about my copious quantities of cigars I carry with me. I have run out of cigars one time in the past 20 years of going to Africa, my second trip, and I wound up smoking a box of 50 Philly Blunts the PH had been gifted. My lips were orange for a week. Never again.

Good to know that Cuban restaurants have cigars. I'm like @Mort Hill, I go in well prepared, not as much as he carries but enough to keep me happy while hunting. :)

@Mort Hill, when I ran out of stogies in South Africa, I went to 2 Cuban restaurants and cleaned out their humidors.

That bit of wisdom just went into my memory banks for future application if required!

I think it was indeed a hunt report of @Mort Hill that he carried a staggering amount of cigars with him. It is fair to say that nobody goes as prepared as him :ROFLMAO:

Good point. We are rookies compared to him. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IMG_3113.JPG

Just boarded the Explora 1 in Istanbul for the second cruise of this vacation from Istanbul to Athens Greece via a number of islands in the Mediterranean. I am in awe of this cigar only lounge on this ship. Enjoying a Cuban Montecristo Edmundo on the fine leather seating, indoors, with some fabulous jazz music. Wife may divorce me, but I may never leave this room!

View attachment 628794
Just boarded the Explora 1 in Istanbul for the second cruise of this vacation from Istanbul to Athens Greece via a number of islands in the Mediterranean. I am in awe of this cigar only lounge on this ship. Enjoying a Cuban Montecristo Edmundo on the fine leather seating, indoors, with some fabulous jazz music. Wife may divorce me, but I may never leave this room!
View attachment 628794

What’s the name of the ship? I need to book something in…

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been with a cold, first cigar in four days. I’m trying to smoke the sh*t out of this cold :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2929.jpeg

Myself and a friend head to mainland Europe a few times a year for some cigar shopping.
Next week we are visiting Brussels. Anyone got any recommendations for good shops ? Been looking at Cigar Art and Le Roi de Cigar’s websites.
Any good gun shops to visit in the city also ?
@VertigoBE ?

@Sika98k they have some LCDH shops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryjoGall

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa