Would you like a Cigar?

IMG_2976.JPG

A cigar lover is like the US Postal Service. Neither rain, nor sleet nor snow shall keep us from smoking our stogie!

Hello all. I enjoyed reading the thread. I did start smoking cigars at an early age (12) and started with my Uncle Andy's White Owls and Winchesters Hahaha. Over 50 years of smoking as provided some improvements. I favor Dominican cigars over all others and prefer 50 rings. Upmann and Punch can be found in my humidor, but Romeo y Julieta are often my everyday cigar in different sizes and strength. I find them to be very consistent and burn evenly.

My favorite cigar is a Cuban Montecristo #2 torpedo, when I can get them (an afford them), unbelievable strong and consistent.

Warning to others here, while in South Africa I found quality cigars to be very scarce. I would bring a full travel humidor and not expect to replenish while in country.

Roger

Hello all. I enjoyed reading the thread. I did start smoking cigars at an early age (12) and started with my Uncle Andy's White Owls and Winchesters Hahaha. Over 50 years of smoking as provided some improvements. I favor Dominican cigars over all others and prefer 50 rings. Upmann and Punch can be found in my humidor, but Romeo y Julieta are often my everyday cigar in different sizes and strength. I find them to be very consistent and burn evenly.

My favorite cigar is a Cuban Montecristo #2 torpedo, when I can get them (an afford them), unbelievable strong and consistent.

Warning to others here, while in South Africa I found quality cigars to be very scarce. I would bring a full travel humidor and not expect to replenish while in country.

Roger

Welcome @RLP. You are certainly a veteran to the stogie smokers group here. I agree on scarcity of good cigars while traveling, especially African hunting destinations. I always travel with cigars as if the apocalypse will happen while I am gone, and I get a lot of grief from folks on the thread about my copious quantities of cigars I carry with me. I have run out of cigars one time in the past 20 years of going to Africa, my second trip, and I wound up smoking a box of 50 Philly Blunts the PH had been gifted. My lips were orange for a week. Never again.

Good to know that Cuban restaurants have cigars. I'm like @Mort Hill, I go in well prepared, not as much as he carries but enough to keep me happy while hunting. :)

@Mort Hill, when I ran out of stogies in South Africa, I went to 2 Cuban restaurants and cleaned out their humidors.

That bit of wisdom just went into my memory banks for future application if required!

I think it was indeed a hunt report of @Mort Hill that he carried a staggering amount of cigars with him. It is fair to say that nobody goes as prepared as him :ROFLMAO:

Good point. We are rookies compared to him. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billiedark

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!