Would you like a Cigar?

For me it's an Upmann Banker and 16 yr. old Lagavulin...

I thought mexico had banned smoking in public spaces or has that changed?

Maybe that is why he is smoking on the roof top of the hotel. :ROFLMAO:

Now this is a nice smoke. Visited Cigaragua in Amsterdam on @DieJager s suggestion.

Those Placencias are great smokes; I've smoked quite a few of them. Excellent choice!

I am uncertain of Mexico in general. When I reached the airport in Puerto Vallarta, I asked the cop “Donde puedo fumar” and he pointed me to a corner wall just outside the terminal door. Only after finishing my cigar did I notice the big No fumar sign above where I was smoking. When I got to the resort, the only smoking area other than the beach was a shadeless veranda called the Moon Deck between two buildings. Nice but blazing hot. I also smoked on the beach in a lounge chair under an umbrella but tried to find an out of the way location down wind from anybody. Nobody ever said anything to me and waiters were bringing food and drink on a regular basis. So again, may be like Costa Rica where it can be done, just be considerate and don’t flaunt in front of the local law enforcement. All that to say it is harder and harder to enjoy a cigar comfortably anywhere these days without worrying about the public outcry. You do meet some of the greatest people as an outcast around the smoke pole.

Uncle Mort, I didn’t know you spoke Spanish. Well done. Now, cuando vamos a fumar? :LOL:

Un poco. Ahora mismo!

True story. Having been to Costa Rica the past seven years fishing, I wanted to learn the language so I could converse with the locals. Enter Duo App. I participated on this app in Spanish every day for almost a year. At 60+, I was not sure it was taking but fully believed old dogs could learn new tricks. After almost a year, I felt I was ready. We were having our bathroom redone and the tile guy was hispanic. I told my wife, I am going in, wish me luck. With that, I went into the bathroom and declared “Hola mi amigo”, meaning hello my friend. With a smile on his face he responded “Hola. Como esta?” meaning hello, how are you? My brain froze. Como esta could have been Russian at that point. In utter mental panic I responded Como esta? He looked confused and asked again Como esta? I tucked tail and left. I had been utterly defeated by the Spanish language and walked out embarrassed. I returned shortly thereafter with a beer, handed it to him, proclaimed cerveza, and walked out. My oldest son has never laughed so hard in his life when I explained to him my attempt at international diplomacy. We have a good laugh any time the conversation turns to Spanish and he taunts me at my now infamous “Spanglish”. So yes, I know just enough Spanish to get myself in trouble!

Nice ! Sadly I think that had to close the smoking area or was is still possible to smoke a cigar?
Yep, the smoking area is closed but there’s a nice restaurant on the corner, Die Keyser for an outdoors lunch and a smoke.

Those Placencias are great smokes; I've smoked quite a few of them. Excellent choice!
Agreed, just sorry I didn’t pick up more of them. Next trip !

Nothing says Thank You College Football like MY Father Le Bijou!
IMG_1634.JPG

Love your giraffe rug (y)

A little Scotchgard and its good for all kinds of weather. The dark color is natural not cigar ash

Watching my pheasants on a lovely sunny day with a Rocky Patel for company.

IMG_2750.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardLob

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.