Would you like a Cigar?

Perla del Mar, by J.C Newman, with the morning coffee.
Official start of NFL Sunday football tomorrow. Mother nature apparently didnt get the memo that football season is supposed to be cooler.
Breaking records with a forecasted high of 109 today, and 107 tomorrow. Life in The desert sweatbox.

IMG_20230909_092815097.jpg

What a great combination of coffee and a cigar. Well done brother. (y)

Gentlemen, any recommendations for a tobacconist at Doha airport? Just looking for something a bit different. Thanks!

Thanks. Not going outside the airport either, just looking for something quick and easy to do during a layover.

If you love or would like to love a good Cuban cigar, get a 1/2 box or box of Partagas Series D #4. One of the few places I have been recently that still had them in stock, albeit the price has about doubled.

Hello all, just wondering if there are any cigar smokers here on the forum. If so, let us know which is your favorite one!

I like to light a cigar usually in the late afternoon and enjoy last few hours of daylight reading. Most times its a safari hunting book, others might be a book on oil and gas law. When on a hunting trip, its at the end of the day after a great hunt. I enjoy several brands from Dominican to Nicaraguan. Mostly VegaFina, La Aurora, Oliva (serie "g"). I have tasted numerous brands, but these are the ones found in my humidor.
My preference is for Cubans: Partagas, Bolivar, Montecristo, Cohiba, although what's in the ashtray right now is a Romeo Y Julieta Churchill. Non-Cuban: Padron, Fuente, and anything from Steve Saka.
IMG_1664.jpeg

If you love or would like to love a good Cuban cigar, get a 1/2 box or box of Partagas Series D #4. One of the few places I have been recently that still had them in stock, albeit the price has about doubled.
Just finished the last of my Series D #5's while I was in Zambia.
Duty Free in Lusaka was completely sold out of Cubans, and Duty Free in Dubai is out of their minds with their pricing. I bought caviar and gold instead.

Here's a photo which might interest you cigars guys.

This is Carlito Fuente in my 1934 Ford Roadster at the Fuente Family Foundation dinner in San Diego, in 2019.

View attachment 557264
I don’t think I have ever seen a wristwatch that size.

It’s been a rough afternoon, and I’m heart broken. A good friend and cigar smoker lost his grandson this afternoon. The little guy was a premature baby, and passed away 2 weeks after birth. So sad.

IMG_0506.jpeg

I met the owner of Gurkha, he is a gun guy like us and has the most awesome walk in gun room. (y)

Last edited:
It’s been a rough afternoon, and I’m heart broken. A good friend and cigar smoker lost his grandson this afternoon. The little guy was a premature baby, and passed away 2 weeks after birth. So sad.

View attachment 557477

So sorry for your friend’s loss. I cannot imagine. I know your friendship will comfort the family. Prayers for all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muslimmarriageevents

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia