Who has a blaser?

Hi Forrest Halley, sorry to disappoint you but the Atzl trigger can be used with magnum calibers in the R8 without any problem.
Unless the 338 Lapua Magnum is not a magnum...............
Attached a picture of both types of switch housings, sizes exactly the same!
So let me understand this correctly...
The Atzl trigger can be used with the match/hunt switching module in place with any caliber? The blazer website says this is not possible with .375 H&H and .458 Lott due to case length greater than 90.5mm.
Screenshot_20211108-090534-522~2.png

I'm very interested in this discrepancy of the accounts...
What is the pull weight with the selector system removed? 250g or 650g?

Last edited:
Sounds like you have all your answers

I load my 338LM to 91.0 mm, no problem in my R8 with Atzl. A standard 458Lott load is shorter, but will check a.s.a.p.
When measuring the houses I find no difference, just a little notch in the Atzl-version that lets this house engage in an Atzl system.

Sounds like you have all your answers
Unfortunately the more I learn, the more questions I have. It fascinates me. I am very likely bitten by the bug and engaging in the long term research I usually do before buying something.
I load my 338LM to 91.0 mm, no problem in my R8 with Atzl. A standard 458Lott load is shorter, but will check a.s.a.p.
When measuring the houses I find no difference, just a little notch in the Atzl-version that lets this house engage in an Atzl system.
Hmm. This is very interesting. The selector assembly is not contained in the magazine housing?

Article about 338LM with atzl This article disturbs me a bit. There are clearly a lot of financial mistakes to be made in purchasing one of these rifles. Rim diameters .575 vs. .588...do they really machine different bolt heads for that difference of .013? That would be interesting to measure the bolt heads. Especially since the one in this article was struck out and restamped. Makes me wonder quite a bit about what else they are keeping under wraps.

Why are there two separate atzl trigger groups with an OAL difference of 1.7mm? Apparently I could have a .375 H&H or .458 Lott with an atzl trigger if I can have a .338LM with one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.16.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.16.16 PM.png
    921 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.16.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.16.18 PM.png
    899 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.16.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.16.20 PM.png
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.16.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.16.21 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
So after further research it appears the atzl trigger is not useable with the larger Magnum calibers due to the switch housing taking away from the available magazine length. Interesting indeed.

Is the trigger pull weight adjustable by the end user? How low can you go?

It needs no adjustment unless you want a feather weight trigger. My R8 has the best trigger I have ever shot with and I don’t want anything less. Try one

It needs no adjustment unless you want a feather weight trigger. My R8 has the best trigger I have ever shot with and I don’t want anything less. Try one
I'm very at home with light triggers so long as sear engagement isn't compromised. I'm aware that most of the R8's are coming in around 2# and the 8oz/22oz option may not be worth the money. I am enjoying learning more about this rifle and all its various adaptations.

Norma African PH 458Lott cartridges can be fed from a Atzl adapted magazine, just checked. I have no 416 Rem or 375HH so can not check that.
Thanks for your efforts.
Question:
Is the atzl adapted magazine fully put together? Or is the switch removed? Could you take a photo of the outside of it at the rear? I am unfamiliar and don't know how the switch is contained whether it's outside or inside the magazine box.

@BigSteve57
No self respecting hunter should have one of those unless they have a need for tomato stakes. No use for anything else
What's bugging me the most is how I'd select the optics for my new invincible .243.

I have a Zeiss Victory 4-16x50 and a Zeiss Victory 1.5-6x42 and one of them would work I guess.

What's bugging me the most is how I'd select the optics for my new invincible .243.

I have a Zeiss Victory 4-16x50 and a Zeiss Victory 1.5-6x42 and one of them would work I guess.
4-16 all day long. It makes the most sense for using that rifle as intended. It's not a boomer so a 1.5-6 seems useless unless hunting in heavy timber.

I saw this little guy in my front yard this AM. He's a spike buck which is perfect for venison and a light rifle. But at 15 yards too close for a 4-16. That's been my dilemma all along LOL. I also think that most rifles are over-scoped. The shot for the buck shown below screams for 1.5X, open sights or a handgun!

Perfect sized deer for the mighty, venerable, accurate and otherwise extremely versatile .243:
20211111_071951s.jpg

I saw this little guy in my front yard this AM. He's a spike buck which is perfect for venison and a light rifle. But at 15 yards too close for a 4-16. That's been my dilemma all along LOL. I also think that most rifles are over-scoped. The shot for the buck shown below screams for 1.5X, open sights or a handgun!

Perfect sized deer for the mighty, venerable, accurate and otherwise extremely versatile .243:
View attachment 435995
Save the scope discussion. These deer are so tame you could walk up to them and knock them out with a hammer. Now the real discussion…drilling hammer vs ball peen.

4-16 all day long. It makes the most sense for using that rifle as intended. It's not a boomer so a 1.5-6 seems useless unless hunting in heavy timber.

Save the scope discussion. These deer are so tame you could walk up to them and knock them out with a hammer. Now the real discussion…drilling hammer vs ball peen.
Maybe I need to learn how to use a lasso.

@BigSteve57
The ideal optics would be the mark one eyeball and throw the 243 barrel as far as you can and leave it where it lands. Then order a nice 25 cal barrel
Bob

@BigSteve57
The ideal optics would be the mark one eyeball and throw the 243 barrel as far as you can and leave it where it lands. Then order a nice 25 cal barrel
Bob
If you are going to throw the barrel, might as well sharpen it to a spear point!

@BigSteve57 a crossbow would be perfect. And I agree that a deer that size if fantastic eating.

I bet you would have less meat damage with a .458 WM than the .243 at that distance.

@BigSteve57
Mate why ruin a great rifle with a shit caliber like a 243.
You can buy a cheap piece of shit 243 and not ruin the Blaser. At least get some class like a 25/06 or a 257 Weatherby anything but a 243 please.
Hmmm. So I guess the less than 25 caliber nonsense goes for 22-250 and 6mm as well? I'm just not a fan of what I consider boutique or hard to find calibers for hunting. Instead, for hunting, I get readily available calibers that will do the job like the .243, 30-06, .300 WM etc...

I've tried the 25-06 using a friend's rifle. It's a great flat shooting round and a great deer cartridge. But I can't see any compelling reason to get a 25-06 or the 257 whats-its-name given what I already have.

Since my nighttime hog hunt I've really wanted to do night time hunting again.
So I've been thinking of putting together a Coyote rig. Perhaps one of the the thumb-hole R8 Ultimate rifles with a thermal scope and threaded for a suppressor.

Of course the barrel would HAVE to be in .243.

@BigSteve57
Bob
I didn't see a 25 caliber barrel on Blaser's "configurator".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guoyingzhu019

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well