Whisky appreciation

Their Rye is much better, but you are the first person I have met that didn’t like it. That said, Weller doesn’t impress me (I don’t like wheated bourbons - creates an almond flavor sweetness that I despise).
Blasphemy! Weller special reserve-meh…Weller Antique 107-GREAT…Weller 12 Year-GREAT

Blanton’s is the gold standard. I have had slightly better, but everything for me is judged off of Blanton’s.

Blasphemy! Weller special reserve-meh…Weller Antique 107-GREAT…Weller 12 Year-GREAT

Blanton’s is the gold standard. I have had slightly better, but everything for me is judged off of Blanton’s.
Wondered when Blanton would make an appearance. It’s good stuff. The Pappy “rejects” (meant in the most positive way as they are good) are good enough for me.

here’s an interesting one I had a few years ago
D9869A1D-7B8F-4D28-90D8-3D56B0E6F06A.png

I agree with your Weller choices. Weller Full Proof is very good as well, in my opinion. Blantons, good also. I have a Blanton's Gold that is markedly better, at least to me.

Have you collected all of the different toppers yet? (There are like 8 different horses running on top) You should visit Buffalo Trace and get the barrel stave that holds them all…

1649324702627.png

Blanton’s is meh, for me, but I don’t judge. ;)

Have you collected all of the different toppers yet? (There are like 8 different horses running on top) You should visit Buffalo Trace and get the barrel stave that holds them all…

View attachment 460919

Blanton’s is meh, for me, but I don’t judge. ;)
I have completed the horse collection and they are sitting in a stave, though I kind of wish I had the half barrel top instead. I have not yet been to Buffalo Trace, but I shall before too long.

I agree with your Weller choices. Weller Full Proof is very good as well, in my opinion. Blantons, good also. I have a Blanton's Gold that is markedly better, at least to me.
I agree on both accounts. I unintentionally left the full proof variant off my list.

I too agree that Blanton’s Gold is a step up from the single barrel Blanton’s. For me they are close enough that it’s tough to distinguish between them unless side by side or I’ve had the other within a recent period of time. My next goal is to complete the Blanton’s name from Gold bottles. It took a while for the standard collection, I’ll admit that I may never get to complete the Gold collection.

I have completed the horse collection and they are sitting in a stave, though I kind of wish I had the half barrel top instead. I have not yet been to Buffalo Trace, but I shall before too long.
Buffalo Trace is worth a visit- so many different Bourbons under one roof. I like going to Woodford Reserve better, but only because it’s in horse country and not in Frankfort. Otherwise, Buffalo Trace is a better distillery.

If you ever plan a trip, gimme a shout and I’ll give you some recommendations.

Nothing beats Scotland's Top Single Malts -preferrably from Sherry cases to soften the inevitable peat aroma that is necessary anyway.
My Top-Favorites are these.
IMG_2984.jpg

@TucsonFX4 - no wise man argues about other people's taste - cheers!

I picked up a Forrester 1920 as it was recommended as a Blanton's substitute since it's almost impossible to find any at retail around my parts. Gotta say I was impressed with the 1920.

I agree on both accounts. I unintentionally left the full proof variant off my list.

I too agree that Blanton’s Gold is a step up from the single barrel Blanton’s. For me they are close enough that it’s tough to distinguish between them unless side by side or I’ve had the other within a recent period of time. My next goal is to complete the Blanton’s name from Gold bottles. It took a while for the standard collection, I’ll admit that I may never get to complete the Gold collection.
Best of luck with the Gold stoppers! I very rarely see Blanton's Gold, I traded a bottle of Weller 12 for my one and only.
I also have a Blanton's Straight from the Barrel but it's unopened for now. It'll come out for the next holiday.

Arranged to have a bottle of Glenlivet in camp when I arrived which only lasted five days on a 10 day hunt. Not sure how the camp bartender kept getting two ice cubes and three fingers wrong. He did get the ice portions right but the glass was full each time. Being the gentleman that I am I did not rectify the issue since it was my mistake for ordering two bottles. Love that peat and Tanzania sunsets.

Favorite whisky: Edradour
2nd favorite: Glenfiddich 15
3rd favorite: whatever whisky someone else is buying me :LOL:

Here in Colombia, good whisky is not an easy thing to run down. We have been relying on our old military days dram: Jameson's. It is the easiest to find and most affordable. The drink here is Aguardiente or Ron de Medellin. Old Parr is the king of whisky here. It is on my long list of third favorites.

Safe travels and stay thirsty my friends!

My pick up for the night
Very nice. Let us know how you like it. Does it compare to something costing 10% of the price or is it truly worth it.

Some people are buying these as investment whiskey bottles for sale at a later date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencia6

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with