What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

Last year when I was back where I come from I had to take my breitling seawolf into the jewellery shop I got it from...family friends...as after 20 plus years of getting hammered the strap needed replacing....glass needed replacing...and the face mounts had broken so the face had slightly turned....my friend said mmmm....this has to go back to the factory....so as was only there for 2 weeks needed to find something to use, as my other watches aren't really made for that kind of hammering....so as had seen the solar powered watches I thought would be interesting to try one...its a citizen ecodrive titanium one with fabric strap...am impressed with it....has stood up well for the last 12 months

View attachment 537664

Last year when I was back where I come from I had to take my breitling seawolf into the jewellery shop I got it from...family friends...as after 20 plus years of getting hammered the strap needed replacing....glass needed replacing...and the face mounts had broken so the face had slightly turned....my friend said mmmm....this has to go back to the factory....so as was only there for 2 weeks needed to find something to use, as my other watches aren't really made for that kind of hammering....so as had seen the solar powered watches I thought would be interesting to try one...its a citizen ecodrive titanium one with fabric strap...am impressed with it....has stood up well for the last 12 months

View attachment 537664
Hi spike,

Great watches these CITIZEN. I have one, perhaps the ancestor of yours, since 2003! Has a scrweing crown and is a truly sealed watc. I did a service in 2016 at an official CITIZEN service shop in Barcelona. They changed the energy storage device and did a compleate cleaning and re sealing. Working great!
It came with a ROLEX type wrist band but I changed it with a one piece one, much better and safer.
20230625-084607.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi spike,

Great watches these CITIZEN. I have one, perhaps the ancestor of yours, since 2003! Has a scrweing crown and is a truly sealed watc. I did a service in 2016 at an official CITIZEN service shop in Barcelona. They changed the energy storage device and did a compleate cleaning and re sealing. Working great!
It came with a ROLEX type wrist band but I changed it with a one piece one, much better and safer.
View attachment 542076[/URL]

Looking at the case it looks pretty much the same.... (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow some swiss lovers on here I see. I was afraid that was going to happen..... I mean I secretly was getting you all to help me justify to myself that it is ok. But now that I am realizing that, I know this is going to be a big step for me to do lmao. My daily wearer is a Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. I absolutely love this watch. I bought a bunch of cheap straps off of amazon to give it various costume changes, and would likely use one on a hunt to prevent scratching the stainless bracelet.. Although I do wear it everyday, I was always afraid to wear it on a hunt, especially in the mountains. But I always secretly wanted too lol. I think you guys just may convince me to do it. I was debating buying a Hamilton Khaki Field which is a great watch but far less expensive so I wouldn't feel as bad. But like @spike.t this watch I can even wear if the ocean rises to 6000 ft above sea level to reach me in the mountains, plus I have another 2000ft to go above my head and I am still good. I have not figured out the breathing under water part yet, but I will be able to tell time LOL

View attachment 351591
I wear an Omega Seamaster Chrono, very similar to that watch

I haven’t hunted Africa, but I’ve worn both while deer hunting in the US. It all depends on the day.

I bought the Garmin used for $35, no complaints there. The Sub is a 16800 that my dad bought new in ‘83. I inherited it from him a few years ago and it’s probably the most sentimental thing I own. I wear it pretty much every day. Dad didn’t baby it, wearing it to work in an oil refinery for 20+ years, and neither do I.

As for the rings, I get a lot of mileage from my Sam’s club wedding band.

192F14B9-D625-4D11-9710-500124349B76.jpeg

Attachments

IWC opened a boutique not far from us and we stopped by yesterday. I admired the Big Pilot Watch (43mm) and even tried it on. It looked like a dinner plate strapped to my wrist...LOL. My skinny wrists lack the meat necessary to pull it off. Lots of other nice pieces in there, especially their dive watches called the Aquatimer. Even though it's a 44mm case, it seems to wear like a much smaller watch. It felt like a 40mm because of the shape of the lugs and strap supports. Lots of interesting features on this watch too.
1703369588146.png

One problem with high dollar watches is that they don't hold up to running a jackhammer for 8 hours like us common folk do while working construction. Actually I have seen very few watches that would stand the punishments that a construction job puts on them
I ran a 110lb jack hammer for two days, powered by a 100hp Ingersol Rand diesel generator that sounded like a Huey hovering in the yard....hammering out a reinforced slab that I'd made to last 200 years....which lived up to its design. Made "The Boss" a new Patio and wanted it all red, so the gray existing slab had to go. My hands turned into "claws" and wouldn't uncurl for several days!

Rolex submariner date (FAKE)

Picked it up in Bahrain on the grey market last summer. Slapped a sporty rubber strap on it and wear it daily. Bugs the hell out of my dad when I ask strangers to pick out the real one between our two watches, and they can't figure it out.

Rolex submariner date (FAKE)

Picked it up in Bahrain on the grey market last summer. Slapped a sporty rubber strap on it and wear it daily. Bugs the hell out of my dad when I ask strangers to pick out the real one between our two watches, and they can't figure it out.
There are some really good ones out there, seen a couple I had to take the backs off of to tell for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leadscampus

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!