What Is Your Dream Rifle?

Russ,
I thought you ere a 1 eyed .458wm man.

The .300 is for the long shots i guesser the days that .458wm would just be overkill,

Mate, I am! I just love the .458...

BUT I do have a soft-spot for the .300 Wby. I've only used one for deer but it was very emphatic...

BUT I've now got a soft-spot for the .338WM too!
I just bought one in a Winchester M70 CRF Synthetic Matte, and I just absolutely love it.

A few were made here locally in SA.. Not sure about CZ's Custom shop

Cz custom shop made some ...very few I would imagine...had a look at one on their stand at sci 3 or so years ago...was nice but don't hand load and already had my 500 jeff from them...

Some might say I have an unhealthy appetite for large calibre rifles!
That’s what my wife and son both tell me. My grandson likes them though so at least they will stay in the family. Recoil just lets you know you are still alive and feeling. The fun starts at 338 and goes up from there!!!

American Hunting Rifles - .600 Overkill in a Left-handed, double square bridge action, open sights.
Topped with either one of following: -
• Trijicon RMR 3.25 MOA Red Dot Sight
• Leica Tempus 3.5 MOA Red Dot Sight

Dream rifle ?......unfortunately..... once acquired the dream becomes a reality and then a new dream is soon found.

My past dreams have been wide and varied. A really nice No1 Mk111, M14, AR15 A2, Remington 700 BDL, Sako Finlight, Blaser R8, FN98 commercial, Rigby's.

The current dream's a Rigby double, a pair of Purdy 12 bore and a few H&H's. But unless a rich lass named Gina takes a liking to me then those dreams will, unfortunately, remain in tact.

Dream rifle ?......unfortunately..... once acquired the dream becomes a reality and then a new dream is soon found.
To avoid exactly this, my dream rifle is a Mannlicher-Schoenauer in 10,75x68.

:cool:

HWL

D'arcy Echol's Legend Standard Sporter in 300WM
Gene Simillion All-Weather Hunter in 300WM
Miller and Crum Marksman in 300Weatherby

My dream rifle is the one in my profile pic. Luckily, it sits in my gun-room, fresh back from an African safari and ready for my next hunt.

I've been trying hard to make myself "need" another rifle--no matter how nice--but I can't find a reason. This rifle has it all: brand-name, vintage, caliber, shootability, looks--did I mention looks?

I don't think that we can ever achieve what we want for a "dream rifle". In my early days it was an M1 carbine and a Sturmgewer, Later it was a Rigby Big Game .416 Rigby and a Knok volley gun. Today after years of playing with different toys I would love to have back some of the toys I traded off over the years.

For example: Steyr AUG that I sold for a quick $400 gain back in 1986. The HK 91 that I traded off for something stupid in 1983. The 12 guage/8mm drilling that I got for cheap and traded off for a quick buck in 1984. The Smith and Wesson Registered Combat Magnum that I traded off in 1984 for a pair of Ruger Blackhawks and an M1 rifle. The Fox 20 Guage double that I bought and sold inside of 10 minutes and actually doubled my money in 1988.

Of course I would still love to have a Holland and Holland or Rigby Double rifle in any chambering, a Rigby Highland Stalker in .275, and of all things I would dearly love to own (and be able to afford to shoot) a Gyrojet rifle!

I hate to say what my "dream rifle" would be because it would show my terrible lack of imagination.

I've been fortunate to find some remarkable rifles over the years, I've been foolish at times as past on a couple of rifles that ended up being worth 30x the asking price. (like not paying $6500 for Frederick Courteney Selous' lost 425 WR takedown that was lost for nearly a century in private collections)

I'd say a good quality Hartmann & Weiss magazine rifle and a pre-war Rigby takedown would be on the list. But just as fast as I can type these known-good rifles on the list, something far more one of a kind could pass by in the next decade that deserves a lot of superlatives.

A best .303 sidelock ejector pre-war London gun comes to mind. A skeleton or round action double rifle from Scotland too.

I'll let fate surprise me.

This!
stunning.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meiyejiujie262

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?