Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Here in Kingsport, Tennessee it's raining, 45°F, windchill 41°F, with 8 mph wind, with a forecast low of 27°F overnight. Oh...but wait 30 minutes and that forecast will change/ update.

Update: -34 C, -45 with the windchill, beautiful clear blue skies, Just got in from feeding the cows and thawing and chipping ice out of stock waterers. Forecast for tonight is -45 C with a winchill of -51 C. Its a NSSS day, Nipple Stiffening Scrotum Shrinking kind of day.

Severe frost is not only bad. In my youth, I had to work in places where this phenomenon is not so uncommon. There were a lot of people among the local population who got there, as in Australia, not quite of their own free will, the society is quite specific. There was something like prohibition in some places, but the store sold cosmetic alcohol-containing liquids. So if you put a thin trickle of cologne along an inclined piece of rail, then the essential oils stick to the metal, and from the other end an almost finished product suitable for use flows into the bowl. Cheap and efficient.
Try Vegemite. Cheap and efficient.

Update: -34 C, -45 with the windchill, beautiful clear blue skies, Just got in from feeding the cows and thawing and chipping ice out of stock waterers. Forecast for tonight is -45 C with a winchill of -51 C. Its a NSSS day, Nipple Stiffening Scrotum Shrinking kind of day.
How do the cows survive in those temps? Pretty brutally cold.

How do the cows survive in those temps? Pretty brutally cold.
Lots of bedding straw for them to lay on, shelter boards to block the wind, up the daily rations to about 80 pounds of grain silage mix from the normal of 70. In 2013 we went on a hunt in Namibia and in 2014 the PH (owner and Namibian ranchers well) came to Calgary for a Safari show so we invited him out to the farm for a day to show him our operation.Feeding cattle in the winter here just blew his mind.

Right now, we're in the direct path of the first real blizzard in a couple of years. We are supposed to get up to 18" and locally a possibility of more.
Temps today here were 30°F, a couple of hours west it was 12°F.
This could be an "interesting" night tonight...

By this time next week we should be back to the normal temps, hovering just below freezing daytime. this arctic front is on its way to Montana, the Dakotas and maybe Wyoming. My apologizes to the folks down there as my curse words should be thawing out about then when the weather moves through.

"Update: -34 °C, -45 °C "
I came back from hunting a week ago. It was just -34 °C. When I was parking near the hunting lodge, I was told to stand close to the Hummer, "it's faulty." Some sensors froze on him, and due to the excess pressure of gases in the crankcase, some kind of oil seal was squeezed out. The owner has been waiting for a repair crew for a week to replace the oil seal, for this he will have to remove the engine and gearbox. And all this in a place 40 km from the paved road. I'm afraid to imagine how much the repair will cost.

"I have just returned from feeding cows, thawing and chipping ice from the drinkers. "
When there was a frosty apocalypse in Texas three years ago, many animals died in hunting parks there. Southern animals do not die from cold, but from thirst - they cannot eat snow and break ice on drinking bowls.

Co. elk. Those were actually last January pictures. The cold front isn’t quite here yet

But the snow is starting

We were fishing the Big Manistee river in Michigan
image.jpg

That's why we live here(Michigan).......that's what we try to believe anyway!

It was -38C this morning, with a windchill value of -50C. It's supposed to be -45 tonight, with a -56 windchill. Not fit for man nor beast.
I was going to bitch about low teens for the week here in Ohio. I better man up and go to the outdoor range so you think better of me in this warm area.

I was going to bitch about low teens for the week here in Ohio. I better man up and go to the outdoor range so you think better of me in this warm area.
And don't wear any gloves to get the full effect. LOL

I’m in late season elk camp not far from Estes Park, Colorado. Just got back from packing out a bull with the horses. It’s a whopping 1F here!

And don't wear any gloves to get the full effect. LOL
I think I better not tell that I just bought some Kuiu Northstar gloves good to one thousand below. Of course you may have something CoElkHunter, if a date feels my hands just after range time she will think I have a very warm heart. I will let you know how that works out. No touching tho'.

Here in central TN the realfeel is 30°, back home in ND it currently -45 with some areas expected to see -65°.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EssieMorre

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]