Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Screenshot_20240111_190342_The Weather Channel.jpg

Here’s one for you. My brother and his wife from Southern Californicate are flying into Peoria on Monday because his daughter is in the hospital there with a pregnancy problem. They’re going to help with her kids in Chillicothe. 1 degree highs, -9 to -12 lows. I told him that I didn’t see any snow in the forecast though, so they’ll be OK. I told him to send the kids outside and build a snowman. LOL
We played Chillicothe in football once, that was a long bus ride. They will probably have a good charge of snow tomorrow. The weather man says that just 30 miles north of us will get 6-8 inches, but we are just supposed to get rain. Saturday it starts to get cold.

I’m in late season elk camp not far from Estes Park, Colorado. Just got back from packing out a bull with the horses. It’s a whopping 1F here!

22F, feels like 6 now. Sunday 9 high and -4 low, Monday 0 high and -9 low without windchills. Yahoo!
@CoElkHunter
Toughen up princess and put your big boy pants on. When it's cold you can always put another log in the fire or another layer of clothing plus you can cuddle up to the missus.

When it gets hot the wife says get away and when you take that singlet off you can't take any more off. Your just hot.
At the moment where I am it 32 celcieus and 90+% humidity. It's a bitch. Dang y'all a bit like livin in Loo-weezy-anna Billy-Joe.
Bob

Well, in 1-2 years when the wife and I are retired, we’re taking our fifth wheel South SOMEWHERE after elk season in October. Maybe November if I hunt pheasants. Unlike your brutal working conditions, I still have to drive around and get out often with my work in the middle of the night. I’m tired of it after 24 years of the snow and cold here in the Winter months.
@CoElkHunter
Y'all can hook up that 5th wheeler and head way on down south to Or-stray-ya then to git out of the cold .
Bob

- 27 F here in Edmonton. -33 C. But, with the wind chill feels like -40.

Not Harley weather so much.
@375Ruger416
Where's you sense of adventure. Put the mankini on, get the Harley out and feel the bracing breeze in your nether regions. You make need a socket wrench with a long handle to get your nuts back down where the belong but hey you will feel ALIVE.
Bob

South central Alberta, currently -34 C (-29.2 F), forecast tonight for -46 C (-56 F), wind chill to -57C (-70.6 F). All the brass monkeys will be soprano's by tomorrow morning.
Weather report says this has been the coldest temp since Jan 24, 1954. Which would make it the coldest in my entire life ( just barely ).

We had a cold beginning of November but then it warmed up to above average temps clear through Christmas which was without snow. Probably the first time in 30-40+ years that's happened up here. Snowmobile trails still aren't open as we just haven't had any snow. The ice is still sketchy in most spots for fishing but should build nicely this weekend as long as we don't get too much snow. 30 right now but headed for -9 or so Sunday night.

Severe frost is not only bad. In my youth, I had to work in places where this phenomenon is not so uncommon. There were a lot of people among the local population who got there, as in Australia, not quite of their own free will, the society is quite specific. There was something like prohibition in some places, but the store sold cosmetic alcohol-containing liquids. So if you put a thin trickle of cologne along an inclined piece of rail, then the essential oils stick to the metal, and from the other end an almost finished product suitable for use flows into the bowl. Cheap and efficient.

Weather report says this has been the coldest temp since Jan 24, 1954. Which would make it the coldest in my entire life ( just barely ).
Our official low overnight was 10F, broke the old record by 8 degrees.

30 degrees right now with 8inchs of snow coming tonight and tomorrow…shoveling the driveway is going to suck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EssieMorre

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]