Wanted Left Hand .375 H&H

Msprenger!

Reaction score
I’m wanting to purchase either a Winchester Model 70 or CZ 550 left hand .375 h&h.

Would also consider Montana Rifle Company and a Browning A-Bolt. Would prefer a CRF.

Thank you

Darn, you just barely missed the A-Bolt I listed!

Just be aware that WTB adds tend to attract a lot of scammers, so don't be shy about asking publicly for references. Particularly if the person reaches out via PM without posting anything on your thread.

Good luck in your search, as a lefty I can attest to the difficulty!

Search Cabella’s gun vault. They have had a lh browning a bolt listed for a couple months in 375H&H

From experience, I would stick with the model 70. All left hand 375s will be costly so get the best one for the money. Winchester made both the Super Express and Safari express in 375 H&H in left hand. Either model in good shape will run you at least 2200.00 regardless just buy the Winchester and don’t look back.

From experience, I would stick with the model 70. All left hand 375s will be costly so get the best one for the money. Winchester made both the Super Express and Safari express in 375 H&H in left hand. Either model in good shape will run you at least 2200.00 regardless just buy the Winchester and don’t look back.
I’ve got a few of both. Unfortunately $2200 won’t touch any of them. @Msprenger! where do you live? You’re pretty new here so message me if serious.

I’m wanting to purchase either a Winchester Model 70 or CZ 550 left hand .375 h&h.

Would also consider Montana Rifle Company and a Browning A-Bolt. Would prefer a CRF.

Thank you
I have a Winchester model 70 Left Hand in .375 H&H, custom built from a 7mag, it coast me about $5200 16 years ago. I’m not selling it now but thought you might like to know that some custom options are only slightly more then standard factory.
I kept the original stock on mine but had refinished and added an ebony tip, jewel trigger, kreiger chrome molly barrel barrel, topped with Leupold VIII 1.75-6 32mm scope. Shoots 3 shots just under 1” @ 100 yrds. My “off the shelf” New options of similar quality were all in the $2000-$2800 range at the time. I suppose a good used would also help obtain high quality for a bargain price — nobody puts 1000 rounds thru a .375 H&H and any wood stock can be easily refinished. I also would not avoid a push feed - especially from Sako or Browning - my CRF “jammed” after 1st shot into a Grizzly (fortunately 1st shot was plenty).…so CRF is not infallible.

I’ve got a few of both. Unfortunately $2200 won’t touch any of them. @Msprenger! where do you live? You’re pretty new here so message me if serious.
I just purchased a left hand super express 375 NIB for 2300 on GB. The safari express in left hand has gone for over 3500.00

Thanks, I saw that on gunsinternational. With the A bolt I’m going to be picky. I’d prefer open sights and a better deal.
@Msprenger! - “picky”?, “prefer open sights”? — Bold talk from a “Lefty” (and being a Lefty myself - I can poke some FUN here)…. How many options do you think you’re going to find? Just by being a Lefty you have eliminated 90% of rifles being sold, and most Lefty rifles have been made in the last 40 years. So between your hope for a bargain price AND everything else - I HOPE you are a LUCKY Guy because options are limited. But, as long as you are Not in a hurry (wait months-year etc.) good things can happen !!

@Msprenger! - “picky”?, “prefer open sights”? — Bold talk from a “Lefty” (and being a Lefty myself - I can poke some FUN here)…. How many options do you think you’re going to find? Just by being a Lefty you have eliminated 90% of rifles being sold, and most Lefty rifles have been made in the last 40 years. So between your hope for a bargain price AND everything else - I HOPE you are a LUCKY Guy because options are limited. But, as long as you are Not in a hurry (wait months-year etc.) good things can happen !!
Hahaha you are absolutely right. I’m willing to stick it out to get the right rifle. I’d rather not settle for a .375 ruger and never be to find brass and deal with ammo issues on a hunt. I’ve considered the custom route and would be open to know if you have any gunsmiths in mind. I’ve even thought about buying a custom action and having a company like Alamo Precision put it together. I like classic rifles and I don’t know if I can get myself to do that, especially for a .375.

Hahaha you are absolutely right. I’m willing to stick it out to get the right rifle. I’d rather not settle for a .375 ruger and never be to find brass and deal with ammo issues on a hunt. I’ve considered the custom route and would be open to know if you have any gunsmiths in mind. I’ve even thought about buying a custom action and having a company like Alamo Precision put it together. I like classic rifles and I don’t know if I can get myself to do that, especially for a .375.
@Msprenger! - I’m not up to date on gunsmiths now - my last build was 16 years ago by Evolution Rifles in Idaho and believe he may be retired. I’m sure there are many very good ones here in the USA and other AH members can provide names.
I purchased a Winchester 7mag - just for the action and stock, that was my starting point (guts) for the Custom Rifle…there might be more economical ways to do it. I also had a LH Sako custom .30-06 built off a Sako LH .25-06 and that action is extremely smooth & fast to operate with short rotation bolt. I would actually prefer that to any CRF action even for a .375 H&H. I also like their clip because it “snaps in” very crisp and secure (so do most Browning rifle clips)….I still carry an extra clip.

I just purchased a left hand super express 375 NIB for 2300 on GB. The safari express in left hand has gone for over 3500.00
What's the difference between the Super Express and the Safari Express?

Thank you
I have a Left Hand Sako AV Deluxe in 375H&H I'm considering selling.
It's a light Weight rifle 8.5 lbs with a 1-4 Leupold.
Scope not included.
If you're interested I can post pictures.
I'm in Idaho.

Thanks, I saw that on gunsinternational. With the A bolt I’m going to be picky. I’d prefer open sights and a better deal.
I don't believe LH A-Bolts in 375 H&H come with open sights. You might as well eliminate A-Bolts from your search

Could you have a smith add open sights at a later time?

I don't believe LH A-Bolts in 375 H&H come with open sights. You might as well eliminate A-Bolts from your search

That's odd, I don't think I've seen one in .375 H&H  without sights. Here is a pic of mine I sold last week to a great member of the forum.

Edit: I didn't see the great member of the forum commented right above me.

20240524_152706.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinWnf1

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]