New Lipseys M77 .35 Whelen

I share your affinity for the .35 caliber cartridges, BUT the .25 cal's are the slightly addled redheaded step-child that watches goldfish swim in a bowl while the other kids are out playing baseball.
@hoytcanon
Before that horrible little 243 was flogged to death with Winchester's bullshit advertising the 25s ruled the roost.
The little 25-20 was an ideal small game round and in a pinch could be used in deer as many will tell you.
The 25-35 with a nice 117rnsp took a swag load of deer no problems.
The little 250 Savage the first cartridge to reach 3,000 fps and an ideal Varmit/ medium gam round.
The 257 Roberts and 25-06 had a bit of trouble at birth due to the powders of the time. When H4831 came along it was a whole new ball game and with the newer powders they are better again.
Nothing wrong with a 100 gn bullet at 3,200 fps in the Roberts and 3,400+ on the 25-06
Put a 117-120 grain in either at 2,900 to 3,100 fps and you have a fine medium/ bigger game rifle.
In the 25-06 a 75-80 grainers at over 3,600 fps will reach way out yonder and smack small critters.
The 257 Weatherby is the real screamer and that good il boy Roy Weatherby even shot hissed a rhino with one. Something I wouldn't try. I ain't that silly.
The 25s only watch the gold fish because people were brainwashed with bullshit about the 6 mm's and people believed it
Those of us in the know will use the might of the 25 over the 6 Mills any day.
Dang even the little 250 Savage was the darling of benchrest shooters at one time.
I will stick with my 25 cal because I know it works and works well
Bob

@hoytcanon
Before that horrible little 243 was flogged to death with Winchester's bullshit advertising the 25s ruled the roost.
The little 25-20 was an ideal small game round and in a pinch could be used in deer as many will tell you.
The 25-35 with a nice 117rnsp took a swag load of deer no problems.
The little 250 Savage the first cartridge to reach 3,000 fps and an ideal Varmit/ medium gam round.
The 257 Roberts and 25-06 had a bit of trouble at birth due to the powders of the time. When H4831 came along it was a whole new ball game and with the newer powders they are better again.
Nothing wrong with a 100 gn bullet at 3,200 fps in the Roberts and 3,400+ on the 25-06
Put a 117-120 grain in either at 2,900 to 3,100 fps and you have a fine medium/ bigger game rifle.
In the 25-06 a 75-80 grainers at over 3,600 fps will reach way out yonder and smack small critters.
The 257 Weatherby is the real screamer and that good il boy Roy Weatherby even shot hissed a rhino with one. Something I wouldn't try. I ain't that silly.
The 25s only watch the gold fish because people were brainwashed with bullshit about the 6 mm's and people believed it
Those of us in the know will use the might of the 25 over the 6 Mills any day.
Dang even the little 250 Savage was the darling of benchrest shooters at one time.
I will stick with my 25 cal because I know it works and works well
Bob

Bob, don't know why you are comparing the .25's to the 6mm's... they are both equally anemic and pointless calibers... every adult starts their shooting at 6.5mm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinWnf1

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]