Wanted Left Hand .375 H&H

What's the difference between the Super Express and the Safari Express?

I have a Left Hand Sako AV Deluxe in 375H&H I'm considering selling.
It's a light Weight rifle 8.5 lbs with a 1-4 Leupold.
Scope not included.
If you're interested I can post pictures.
I'm in Idaho.
The super express and classic super express are model 70s that were made in the 1990s after the switch back to controlled round feed action. There’s a video on YouTube by desert dog outdoors that does a good job of explaining the model 70 African rifles. It’s titled “model 70 safari express: history and relevance” .

There is or was a left handed .375 available in the cabelas gun room. It did not have sights hence my question-could they be added. I think it is still available

There is or was a left handed .375 available in the cabelas gun room. It did not have sights hence my question-could they be added. I think it is still available
I believe they can. There are gunsmithing guys here who would know this more than me, since I've never had it done.

That's odd, I don't think I've seen one in .375 H&H  without sights. Here is a pic of mine I sold last week to a great member of the forum.

Edit: I didn't see the great member of the forum commented right above me.

View attachment 610883
Wish mine had open sights... will have to look at mfg year.

I believe that one has just had the sights removed. If you look closely at the picture of the end of the barrel you can see the two front sight filler screws peeking out. If I'm not mistaken they all had sights, even the 24" ones with BOSS.

Very nice! I shot one of these with the same open sights and a 26" barrel in the mid to late '90's. The cheek rest worked so well for the owner and myself he refused to scope the rifle. It was every bit as accurate as my LH 70, handled far better, but also had more felt recoil. We did not bother to use the DM so I can't comment on how well that worked. No BOSS or threads. That short bolt throw on this rifle and the A-Bolt Medallion with beautiful wood in 338 Win Mag was unbelieveable.

He claimed to have purchased the rifle new or like new for $650. I believe he paid more for the Medallion. Both were lost in a house fire a few years later after several refusals to sell to me.

After searching for literally years for a left hand Model 70 in a classic chambering to create a two gun battery for myself I have ran across only a few of these. I believe one was sold for less than $1,000 and the other for around $1,200. I have also seen the similar rifle in classic chamberings go for as high as $1,200. I personally believe all of these SS A-Bolts are a good value between $700 to $1,000, depending on condition. I can be cheap, however.

Good luck with your hunt. The LH 375 Classics have been coming out of the woodwork for the past 12 months. Everyone has one for sale except me. I have seen users sell for as low as $1,500 and mint sale for as high as $3,500.

That's odd, I don't think I've seen one in .375 H&H  without sights. Here is a pic of mine I sold last week to a great member of the forum.

Edit: I didn't see the great member of the forum commented right above me.

View attachment 610883

I’ve played the lefty rifle game for many years. I’ve never owned a model 70 in 375. I have one of the older style Ruger guide guns with the laminate stock chambered for 375 Ruger Not a bad gun. I also have a Remington m700 in 375 ackley improved. It was on the rack at my local gun shop. Otherwise I probably would not have bought it. Anyway, it’s a tough game. If you are patient (I’m not) you will eventually find what you want. If not, you have to “settle” for LH guns that are good but not always perfect.

What are your thoughts on the H&H Improved? I can't decide if it's more of a good thing or a waste of time and money.

It’s really not worth it in my opinion. You don’t gain a whole lot in velocity. Little more powder capacity is all. Case forming is fairly easy. Just shooting light H&H loads will form the case. Like I said mine was on the rack and it came with loading dies so I bought it. I shot a Nilgai in Texas with it and it worked well like it should

What are your thoughts on the H&H Improved? I can't decide if it's more of a good thing or a waste of time and money.
I thought about that too, but I came to the conclusion that if I was doing all of the same stuff. Then I would be better off to neck up a 338 lapua case and improve it in a .375 cal. Mostly because of the availability of lapua brass to start with. Unless you could get peterson to use.

sako-av-375-lh.jpg

This Sako AV LH in 375 HH has been sitting on the shelf at a gun shop for at least a couple of months. The stock is nothing special, and the iron sights are not so becoming. But those things could be fixed if needed. Comes with a Leupold 2-7x scope, and mounts I don't really recognize. Barrel length just over 22 inches (which seems a bit short for the calibre, but was standard for almost all AV's I think, regardless of cartridge it was chambered for). From the serial number I would guess it is from the mid 80's. Condition is described as "Good" by gun shop, and this is the only picture available online.

I've been debating with myself whether I should get it or not (or at least go take a look at it). But I already have a Sako L691 in 9.3x62, and a Sako AV in 404J (as well as a pair of smaller calibre AV's). And a 375 would be right in the middle between them. Local laws limit how many rifles/guns a hunter can own (yes, I am at that limit), so I would have to sell something.... so I'll most likely let this one pass.

Which is a shame, since the asking price is about US$ 575.

View attachment 611420

This Sako AV LH in 375 HH has been sitting on the shelf at a gun shop for at least a couple of months. The stock is nothing special, and the iron sights are not so becoming. But those things could be fixed if needed. Comes with a Leupold 2-7x scope, and mounts I don't really recognize. Barrel length just over 22 inches (which seems a bit short for the calibre, but was standard for almost all AV's I think, regardless of cartridge it was chambered for). From the serial number I would guess it is from the mid 80's. Condition is described as "Good" by gun shop, and this is the only picture available online.

I've been debating with myself whether I should get it or not (or at least go take a look at it). But I already have a Sako L691 in 9.3x62, and a Sako AV in 404J (as well as a pair of smaller calibre AV's). And a 375 would be right in the middle between them. Local laws limit how many rifles/guns a hunter can own (yes, I am at that limit), so I would have to sell something.... so I'll most likely let this one pass.

Too bad they probably don't ship to the US. Haha

View attachment 611420

i would buy it for my “boat paddle” alaska bush gun. where is it?

I’m wanting to purchase either a Winchester Model 70 or CZ 550 left hand .375 h&h.

Would also consider Montana Rifle Company and a Browning A-Bolt. Would prefer a CRF.

Thank you

Would you be interested in a Browning Medallion?

anyone know where i can find front and rear sights for a browning a-bolt? they were removed and did not come with the Cabelas gun i picked up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BaileyPoir

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]