Wanted Horse Excursion and a Warthog Hunt

Pirkan

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
My dad enjoyed Africa more than expected during our safari in South Africa recently so now he wants to see more. He would like to see the nature in Namibia and the Victoria falls but the planning is still in its earlier stages so I´m very much open to suggestions about what to see in Namibia etc. My sister will be joining and she finds hunting to be totally uninteresting but she does like horse riding so we have agreed that I can do a short hunt if she can do a horse excursion to look at animals/nature in the meantime. If there is some hunting outfitter that has horses and could arrange both it would be perfect or if some outfitter happens to be close to some horse excursion operator that is reputable. The hunt would just be for the duration of the horse excursion and we´d like to stay just a night or 2. I´d need to borrow a rifle and am mainly interested in a nice trophy warthog. Whether or not this takes place in Namibia or Zimbabwe is not important to us and the general feel of the company/companies is way more important. We have not decided on dates and such yet so I am not looking to book anything just yet but it will most likely take place some time between june and august 2025 or 2026.

Call Khomas Highland Safari. Phillip is a sponsor of this site. He has horse riding, game drives, and excellent hunting. Good luck.
That sounds perfect, I'll have to give them a look. Thank you very much for your reply.

As above contact philip at khomas highland hunting my wife would to go riding while i went hunting. They also have some nice warthog
IMG-20220608-WA0002.jpg

Last edited:
As above contact philip at khomas highland hunting my wife would to go riding while i went hunting. They also have some nice warthogView attachment 617829
That seems excactly like what I want to do. I´ll definetely contact them when we have decided on dates etc. Really impressive warthog as well, I´d be ecstatic if I got one like that.

Hay good sir
Glad you are starting to plan another trip

Send me an email and i will give you some info and some possibilities

A few years ago I did a mountain zebra hunt with Agarob safaris, also in the Khomas Hochland region of Namibia. We hunted from horseback, which was immensely fun. The terrain is mountainous, and rugged. The hosts are fantastic. I stayed with them again last month for a short and successful klippie hunt.

They run a family operation out of their main ranch, with access to surrounding properties. Warthog, kudu, springbok, wildebeest, and gemsbok (and many others) are available there.

I’ve hunted with both Khomas and Agarob safaris. If you are truly looking for a horseback hunting safari contact Agarob they specialize in this or drop me a pm I’d be glad to answer any questions you may have

Agarob is definetely added to the list and I like how they seem to be a pretty small family operation which I really liked when I hunted with Tally-Ho. The horse riding thing is just to entertain my sister while I hunt since hunting in Africa is still so new to me that I don´t need to involve horses to make it exciting.

@Bos en Dal SAFARIS is in South Africa (not Namibia), and has both great horses and great warthogs if youre interested in RSA at all...

I really loved South Africa but this trip is because my dad wants to see Namibia and the Victoria falls so it´s not really an option this time. I fully intend to go back there in 2026 or 2027 if money/time allows though.

JKO HUNTING SAFARIS DOES HORSEBACK HUNTING.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
istonecare

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's