VX-6HD or Polar T96?

CP392

Reaction score
1000002678.jpg

I have a Christensen Arms Traverse chambered in 375 H&H that needs some glass. I'm trying to decide between these two scopes and hoping to get some input from those more experienced with higher end optics.

I have no way of seeing the S&B before purchase and have no previous experience with that brand. Leupold is the standard for many with a quality reputation all around. That being said, I'm leaning towards the S&B because it is something a little different as well as something new to me.

Any thoughts on these or possibly a different recommendation all together?

S&B will have the best glass. Very little is better than it. I wish that was the price for their 4X16, I would have that on several different hunting rifles.

The hight of the rings is the biggest thing you need to consider between the scope. S&B wins in everything else, IMHO

VX6 1-6 is also a great option for the 375. I'm addicted to the CDS in all my rifles.

I love leupold..

but if a similar S&B is available near the same price point with something closer to a 40mm objective bell... I'd be all over that..

S&B is as good or better than any other glass on the planet.. super rugged.. super clear.. super reliable.. etc..etc..

Definitely prefer the 42mm over the 50mm scope. Especially on something with a bit of recoil.

I'm a huge S&B fan but I agree with several others on liking the smaller objective diameter of the Leupold, especially for a medium bore 375 type rifle. You might also think about a Swaro option in that price range.

I don't personally own one but have been considering snagging one of the new Meta 3-18x42's. Gives the a little smaller objective diameter. I wish they'd do a 2-12 or 3-15 with a 42mm or 44mm objective.

I'd do a S&B, but a different model, probably the 1.5-6 Zenith, about perfect for a versatile 375, and the same price as the Leupold.

There isn't really a bad choice when you get to that price level and up, I will say I own a lot of both brands, and the S & B glass is the best, end of story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WoodrowMat

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!