Understanding The Barnes TSX Controversy

Dr.Carl Gremse, Senior Researcher of the Brandenburg State Forest Service (Germany), developed a very useful method to evaluate the bullet wounding behaviour.

Dr.Carl Gremse, Senior Researcher of the Brandenburg State Forest Service (Germany), developed a very useful method to evaluate the bullet wounding behaviour.

And all State German Forrest areas are lead free also for hunts , and they tried and seen the best and worst of all kinds of bullets . And accidents and injuries also due to richochets on hard ground .

A political background to all these studies cannot be denied. Lead-free bullets are increasingly required in many areas of various countries in Europe. Not everyone at beginning liked that, especially not hunters who were satisfied with their classic old bullets for decades. There were initially problems with various lead-free bullets, external ballistic problems in older rifles, but also terminal ballistic so that it became necessary to demonstrate to us through various studies that it is possible to kill game with lead-free bullets. In the meantime, the majority of us believe that, but still not all.

I had a lot of German & Austrian hunters this year complaining about the mono bullet/lead free rules & one I remember shot for years all his game with a 30/06 & conventional lead core bullets but after many lost & wounded animals upped the caliber to 300Win Mag to do the same job.

I think he was not a reloader so couldn’t just juice up his 30/06 loads ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knight Soil

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]