Trophy pick up day!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely amazing pain in the ass.

It just got worse too. Fill you in later.

So they kicked it up a little higher at FWS and sent me another email restating their earlier position. They want total legal documentation of the whole hunt for us. Where, when, licenses, permits, permission slips and on and on. Only good news I have had all day is that Delta is only charging me $10 a day to store it while this gets ironed out and at this point that is looking less likely to happen. Waiting to talk to Rosella at SSI right now.

Best of luck with this SES

Petty, just pe
So they kicked it up a little higher at FWS and sent me another email restating their earlier position. They want total legal documentation of the whole hunt for us. Where, when, licenses, permits, permission slips and on and on. ...............

Petty, just plain petty.
They are saving the wildlife. Oh yeah, its already dead.

Well Wayne and fellow members, its worse than that even. Having just spent a half hour on the phone with the very understanding Rosella (she called me!) at SSI she put it to me as I really already expected and had resigned myself too as early as yesterday, but its nice to hear it from the pros. Upshot is I am screwed and will likely in the end have to forfeit my trophies to the wonderful USFWS for non compliance with all the hoops they want me and my outfitter to jump thru which will be very difficult and time consuming if not impossible and certainly very impractical. I can only conclude they want me to not have my property more than I am willing to go thru to keep it. Unlike our all knowing federal govt, I don't have unlimited time and resources. Its still sitting at the Delta cargo offices near SeaTac airport and will likely remain there until FWS decides to got get it and destroy it. Its basically beyond my reach to finish this journey. My boy is taking it well, probably better than I, he is becoming a man now having just graduated HS. Its too bad that his first dealings with what I always considered to be one of the good federal agencies has turned so sour, I hate to see him become like me, a die hard skeptic, at such an early age. I will wait until I hear from my PH either late tonight or tomorrow and see what he says, but I am not going to try to make him jump thru a bunch of hoops in RSA, and put his business on hold and possibly jeopardize that business just to satisfy the pencil pushing, fat ass, bureaucrats on this side of the big pond. It aint worth it. So unless he says something to change my mind, I will be telling the twits at FWS to take my consignment and stuff it where the sun don't shine. Not looking for pity here as like most things in life this is largely a product of my own doing. At 61 I ought to know better by now. A little depressed right now but I'll get over it. Actually its a relief to see this sham almost over with, I hope. I wish to offer my sincere thanks to Robert and Rosella at SSI for giving the push I needed to get this going in the right direction. I was almost there anyway but I sure appreciate the help nonetheless. I offered to pay for their time and good folks that they are they refused payment. We have a very valuable member here in SSI guys! Next time I wont plan on self clearing!! LOL!!! Might as well laugh, the jokes on me!!:p:p:D:D:eek::eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::D If anything changes I will post again.

That just plain sucks...

Have you thought about calling your congressman?

that's fkd sess, , feeling for ya ,cobber.......

For about 2 seconds, then I came to my senses. Rick Larsen a pc of sh*t and our two Sens are Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell, two liberal loons.

For about 2 seconds, then I came to my senses. Rick Larsen a pc of sh*t and our two Sens are Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell, two liberal loons.

I'm sure, but when are they up for re-election? Might be worth the call, especially for your son's stuff? Worst case is you waste three more hours, meaning an hour with theor office and two more hours here ranting about the idiots. ;)

Well Wayne and fellow members, its worse than that even… Upshot is I am screwed and will likely in the end have to forfeit my trophies to the wonderful USFWS for non compliance with all the hoops they want me and my outfitter to jump thru which will be very difficult and time consuming if not impossible and certainly very impractical.
So sorry to hear sestoppelman, wish you did not have to go through all of that.

What a horrible situation! I hope the experience with these officious defenders does not take away from the fantastic experience you shared with your boy. They cannot take away those memories too!

Thanks guys, It aint over till its over but its not looking very promising. My boy said the same thing. Said they can steal our stuff but they cant take our memories. As far as asking anyone in govt for help? Well its govt that created this mess, I have zero faith that any Congress twerp or Senator is likely to help. They could not give two s**ts for my issues.

Have you thought about going public about your plight? I mean to the local press. Here our local stations do a littleguy/big mean burecrat part about once a week. If you can be professional and have all your evidence in front of you, maybe you can get results or at least make them look like the idiots they are. Best of luck whatever you do.

After my conversation with SSI and them knowing what I know and remembering what I said about being a product of my own doing? So that's why I will likely take the advice given me by SSI. They are being picky ninny about this, and its totally in my view unnecessary but that does not mean I would prevail. Its called cut your losses. At this point I only hope I can. I have no faith in nor do I trust this govt to do what's right anymore. If somehow I get surprised and things turn out differently I will say so here.

I'll make the offer.
Forward them to me.
I'll be happy to clear them in Canada and we can make arrangements to address repatriation at some other point.

Thanks Wayne. I cannot forward them to anybody, they aint mine.

Guys, read post 32 on page 2 where I give you all a little warning. That's what this is all about.

Sorry to hear this ses.

Thanks Phil. Beware US members, USFWS is on the lookout for any and all minor infractions just so they F**k with you. I was literally getting the tag team method on Friday. One worked on me, the other was fishing for info on my boy, while I was preoccupied trying to make sense of the stupid import form and answering questions and trying hear the twits whispers. It worked.

Well Wayne and fellow members, its worse than that even. Having just spent a half hour on the phone with the very understanding Rosella (she called me!) at SSI she put it to me as I really already expected and had resigned myself too as early as yesterday, but its nice to hear it from the pros. Upshot is I am screwed and will likely in the end have to forfeit my trophies to the wonderful USFWS for non compliance with all the hoops they want me and my outfitter to jump thru which will be very difficult and time consuming if not impossible and certainly very impractical. I can only conclude they want me to not have my property more than I am willing to go thru to keep it. Unlike our all knowing federal govt, I don't have unlimited time and resources. Its still sitting at the Delta cargo offices near SeaTac airport and will likely remain there until FWS decides to got get it and destroy it. Its basically beyond my reach to finish this journey. My boy is taking it well, probably better than I, he is becoming a man now having just graduated HS. Its too bad that his first dealings with what I always considered to be one of the good federal agencies has turned so sour, I hate to see him become like me, a die hard skeptic, at such an early age. I will wait until I hear from my PH either late tonight or tomorrow and see what he says, but I am not going to try to make him jump thru a bunch of hoops in RSA, and put his business on hold and possibly jeopardize that business just to satisfy the pencil pushing, fat ass, bureaucrats on this side of the big pond. It aint worth it. So unless he says something to change my mind, I will be telling the twits at FWS to take my consignment and stuff it where the sun don't shine. Not looking for pity here as like most things in life this is largely a product of my own doing. At 61 I ought to know better by now. A little depressed right now but I'll get over it. Actually its a relief to see this sham almost over with, I hope. I wish to offer my sincere thanks to Robert and Rosella at SSI for giving the push I needed to get this going in the right direction. I was almost there anyway but I sure appreciate the help nonetheless. I offered to pay for their time and good folks that they are they refused payment. We have a very valuable member here in SSI guys! Next time I wont plan on self clearing!! LOL!!! Might as well laugh, the jokes on me!!:p:p:D:D:eek::eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::D If anything changes I will post again.
I meant to use the word cynic above, not skeptic. Small distinction but..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BookerReno

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles