Trophy pick up day!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not that I don't understand that there are good brokers out there, but I have done this several times before with no problems. Now all of a sudden and again, I think much has to do with the current monarchy's belief system, the various departments are getting really picky about the little details.
I think alot of this stuff coincides with many of the airlines refusing to ship trophies anymore. This comes from influential people in power, and the liberal jackwagons that have infiltrated the system. We all know who that is!

What a pain. They just want to make it so hard that we don't want to do it anymore. Best of luck on your efforts. Bruce

I think that one of the problems is that once you find a friendly representive that will help you with the forms and knows what you need to do helps you get through the process you get lax on the requirements. Then when you walk in and find someone that could care less where you are from or what you are there to pick up and wants all the forms correctly filled out, you end up in a world of hurt not knowing what to do or which way to turn.

I don't think that anything has changed over the years for importing trophies but attitudes of the people behind the desk have and they are the ones that you need to deal with.

This requirement to show the ZAPHR appears to be a new thing or at least one not rigidly enforced before now. My PH has sent it to FWS and I sent them a copy as well in case his doesn't make it. Hopefully by Monday this will be resolved. What a PITA!:mad:

Sorry to hear of this, even more sorry is the power tripping POS running this shit show.

Sorry to hear this, Ses, fighting bureaucrats is not funny, anywhere in the world.

Wish you the best of luck.

Too bad you didn't take some trophy pictures with you sitting by the animal giving the one finger salute. Those are the pic I would send! Bunch of dipchits.

This could be the new standard for F&W busybody photos :D

Just goes to show you, when you show up at the pick up site, less is more. Smile, say thank you, yes I had a good time hunting, can't wait to have my trophies and go home. Get your story straight before hand, know if the paperwork separated who shot what, or if it's all under one name. Get out as fast as possible............................

In fact today when these two gals started laying paperwork on me I mentioned that "Marcy" did it for me last time and one said, "well, Marcy isn't here anymore"....

Dude, you compared them to their colleague? :A Outta:thats like telling your wife she doesn't cook like your mother!

Seriously though, its a crying shame that some of these folks forget they are public servants and use the rules to frustrate an honest citizen! We all know the rules are there but please don't make it a giant game of " gotcha!" If they know the rules so f'n well help those of us who dont do it for a living navigate it and not be hindered. It's so childish.

Its getting more interesting now. They have the ZAPHR in hand and after careful scrutiny have decided I need to get written permission for me and my boy hunt on the several properties that we of course hunted on with friends of our PH! This after nearly a year has passed.So of course there probably never was any written permission, especially for my boy. I wrote them back a nice long letter which I shan't recall here but words to the effect of as Hillary recently said. "what at this point does it matter?!" Still waiting for a reply.

I would say this to the members. At this point, with the current administration and their apparent attitudes towards hunting and guns, do everything by the book. Do not try to cut shipping costs by lumping hunt partners trophies in with yours. Ask your PH about permission slips to hunt all properties. Make sure you have a ZAPHR form for all hunters in the party. We are now dealing with pettiness on a galactic scale! Depending on what I hear back from the "gals" at the SeaTac office, I may try to get ahold of someone a bit higher up as I feel like I am being unfairly treated, and I do. And I told them so. This is becoming a nightmare. So one more time guys, WATCH OUT!

And enysse, I did all as you describe and it got me nowhere. This wasn't my first rodeo as people say.

It is my understanding that two hunters can not ship their trophies together even if they are father and son, that each mush ship separately.

I still don't think that it is this administration that is causing the problems but agents at SeaTac following the rules to the letter. Perhaps they are anti hunting and that is why they are giving you the run around, who really knows. Perhaps the lady that you dealt with in on other trips looked the other way when she saw a small mistake on your part, we will never know.

I would still give Rosella or Tara a call at SSI and have a talk with them. You will never know just what they can do for you if you don't check and all it might cost you is the price of a phone call for some information.

You are free to your opinion. In my mind there is NO doubt that this type of stuff has gotten worse under this bunch we have now, no question. It may not be direct, but its implied to these depts. to cut the wolf loose and makes things sticky for us. Just like the new rifle export rules. How do you think that got started, out of thin air? No doubt in my mind.

Tell them you are bringing your $1000 per hour lawyer with you to sort things out.

sestoppelman,
Rosella is sending you a email as we speak......

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Robert! We are in contact.

Tell them you are bringing your $1000 per hour lawyer with you to sort things out.
I actually think they would like that. It wont cost them anything, just cost me a bundle.

Reactions: lcq
Stupid question, but how will they know if the "letters" are legit? Such a circle jerk for no reason.
Scott you are dead on with the current administration and their intentions. If you don't think it's the administration pushing this anti hunting, anti firearm, anti 2nd amendment agenda, I don't know what to tell you, but read the writing on the wall..

Of course! Like you say a circle jerk. In fact...nah, better not. LOL!:rolleyes::whistle:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BookerReno

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles