Tire kicking for a Ruger #1

Have 30-06 #1.
Newer production. Took it to Namibia with me this may. I would be open to a trade! Lmk and we can pm more

BTW @Backyardsniper, I believe I have the perfect small to medium plains game rifle, a No 1 in 275 Rigby. Unfortunately, she is not for sale. :)

I have one as well. I didn’t see it on the list but can assure you they were made. Beautiful things and exceptionally accurate. If I were going to buy a number one for pleasure it would be in a caliber of this class. You won’t enjoy long range sessions with the .375 or 450/400.

The caliber in the same class that has always intrigued me is the .303. Like the .275, they were set up properly. I would hunt hard for either the .303 or .275 and have some fun. (No, mine’s not for sale either).

I have one as well. I didn’t see it on the list but can assure you they were made. Beautiful things and exceptionally accurate. If I were going to buy a number one for pleasure it would be in a caliber of this class. You won’t enjoy long range sessions with the .375 or 450/400.

The caliber in the same class that has always intrigued me is the .303. Like the .275, they were set up properly. I would hunt hard for either the .303 or .275 and have some fun. (No, mine’s not for sale either).
I am very seriously considering @dchum 's 30/06. That would be a most useful rifle and I have lots of components. Then if I like the #1 business I can branch into some more unique calibers.

I may look closer at the 375 H&H listed on here. That loaded down with some 235 grain Barnes would make a sweet little plains game rifle
I have a 375H&H and with full house 300gr loads its stout but very managable. With 235s loaded down a bit its downright pleasant to shoot. They are truly lovely rifles!

Or find your self a Courtney in .303 It’s handy, good looking and is a shooter
IMG_0664.jpeg
IMG_0665.jpeg
IMG_0661.jpeg

We are still making the Courteney. It's my own creation--I literally hand-drew it on a number of legal sheets stapled together, in 1:1 scale. Uberti was great at making it exactly as I wanted it. It's selling very well--roughly equally in .303 and .45-70. I wish we could also make it in some of the rimless cartridges, but it's an impossibility with the current action design.

IMG_3340.jpeg

We are still making the Courteney. It's my own creation--I literally hand-drew it on a number of legal sheets stapled together, in 1:1 scale. Uberti was great at making it exactly as I wanted it. It's selling very well--roughly equally in .303 and .45-70. I wish we could also make it in some of the rimless cartridges, but it's an impossibility with the current action design.

View attachment 554268
I'm gonna have to track one of those down! I think maybe 45/70 would be what I would want.

I'd highly recommend that you take a test run with a friends Ruger No. 1 before you dive into the deep end. There are some folks that really don't like the way these rifles fit and as a result the felt recoil is much worst than it should be. Make sure it fits you, especially in the larger mid-bore and big bore calibers.

Tom, if you designed the Courtney. You deserve an award.

I can’t believe the quality for the price. it shoots very well with .303 ball ammo and quality ammo.

if it had a British name it could sell for A LOT more. I love a Ruger 1. But Ruger could take some lessons from the Courtney. Great job Sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelicaMa

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]