Tipping Guide

Hi all, the OP was a great read! That said, it's from 2008. Is there an updated tip guide? I read the most recent couple pages though it tends to cover various aspects.
This is my hunt partner and my first African hunt. We live/hunt Montana DIY. Not really familiar with tipping outfitted adventures.

I've been told a rough overall guide is the following: 10% avg-good and 15% for good-great for the complete experience paid at the end. The owner/head operator has a % the tip is divided, based on each person's responsibility.

This a fair practice or?
Where are you going hunting? A ranch hunt in South Africa or Namibia is very different than a concession hunt in Zimbabwe. A ranch hunt is generally +/- $100 a day to PH, maybe $10-15 a day each to tracker and skinner, $20 a day to cook, $5-10 a day to housekeeping. A hunt in concession area is usually +/- $150 day to PH and generally the same amount divided amongst the much larger staff. I generally don’t base tips on a percentage of the hunt unless maybe it was a very low cost package hunt. Tips get adjusted up or down based on the trip and work put in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcelaMae

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED