The New "Old" Ford Bronco

We were living in Wyoming in 2008 and bought the wife a new Toyota FJ Cruiser. There were many times that you you didn't shift out of 4WD for weeks and that FJ performed flawlessly. Standard operating procedure for us was around the 5 year mark the wife would get a new whatever and I would inherit her vehicle and run it in the ground.

Earlier this year I was in need a newer mode of transport and @rookhawk post prompted me to post this.
The wife asked if I could find a 2014 low milage FJ. If I could have found a 2014 FJ with less than 50 thousand miles on it in a color she liked (or any color) for 30-35K (cost of the 2008 off the showroom floor) I would have been in.
Best price I could find at the time was more like 45K.

The wife liked the Bronco Sport Heritage, white top, white rims and plaid seats. This particular Ford dealer happens to be close to where she likes to shop which works well for lifetime oil changes. So far we have been pleased but if they ever bring that Cruiser FJ into the states I have a feeling she is going to have to have one.

We were living in Wyoming in 2008 and bought the wife a new Toyota FJ Cruiser. There were many times that you you didn't shift out of 4WD for weeks and that FJ performed flawlessly. Standard operating procedure for us was around the 5 year mark the wife would get a new whatever and I would inherit her vehicle and run it in the ground.

Earlier this year I was in need a newer mode of transport and @rookhawk post prompted me to post this.
The wife asked if I could find a 2014 low milage FJ. If I could have found a 2014 FJ with less than 50 thousand miles on it in a color she liked (or any color) for 30-35K (cost of the 2008 off the showroom floor) I would have been in.

The wife liked the Bronco Sport Heritage, white top, white rims and plaid seats. This particular Ford dealer happens to be close to where she likes to shop which works well for lifetime oil changes. So far we have been pleased but if they ever bring that Cruiser FJ into the states I have a feeling she is going to have to have one.

Wish no more! The FJ cruiser is coming back! Production starts in Thailand and Japan this November and the 2025-2026 models will hit America many months thereafter!

You two are just too funny and very entertaining !!!!

We are kindred spirits. The only difference is Bob's position from the equator has him always thinking backwards on account of the coriolis effect on his logic from being upside down/down under...

Of course he will contend that I have no excuse for my backwards way of thinking! :rolleyes:

@Dirtdart
The biggest mistake Toyota made with the FJ was bringing it out in a petrol only. A lot of people I know would have loved one in a straight 6 diesel or even better the V8 diesel. That would have been an incredible vehicle. And that's coming from a Nissan lover.
Nissan made the same mistake with the new patrol in petrol only. Best on the market but the STUPID Australian govt won't allow the Nissan Patrol with the Cummins diesel into Australia.
Me thinks Toyota had something to do with it as it would have killed Toyota LandCruiser wagon sales.
Bob

FYI. There is a 2013 FJ cruiser Trail Teams Edition (1500 made) with 200 miles on it up for auction on Bring a Trailer. It’s at over $60,000, but it’s worth it compared to the modern crap they sell at that price. It’s the only year they made a red FJ and it’s gorgeous.

We are kindred spirits. The only difference is Bob's position from the equator has him always thinking backwards on account of the coriolis effect on his logic from being upside down/down under...

Of course he will contend that I have no excuse for my backwards way of thinking! :rolleyes:
@NIGHTHAWK
Did you know you can tell an American just by the lines on the palm of their hand.
If'n you can count the three lines on his/ her palm they ain't a red blooded American.
The reason for this is if you can count the lines then the gun is missing from their hand. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
We maybe upside down in Australia but we are always a day ahead of y'all. The USA will always be slower than Australia. We always get the news before you, sometimes we even know it a day before it happens up there because you get yesterday's news today where as we get tomorrow's news yesterday.
Y'all might have better gun laws than us but we have better and cheaper game seasons than y'all.
I'll take a bit tougher laws for more hunting anytime.
Bob

NIGHTHAWK
Why for you give me an angry emoji for my rice burner.
Was it for the fact that it will run on peanut oil and soy sauce and yours won't.
I know it's not for my 243 comment as you know I don't like them, or fords, but hey someone has to own them.. You just seem unfortunate as you own both.
I thinks a nice Nissan diesel and a 25 cal would make you happier.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Bob

FOrd has small
NIGHTHAWK
Was it for the fact that it will run on peanut oil and soy sauce and yours won't.
I know it's not for my 243 comment as you know I don't like them, or fords, but hey someone has to own them.. You just seem unfortunate as you own both.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Bob
I probably misunderstood your accent…

NIGHTHAWK
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Bob

Driving Nissan trucks are Like riding Honda street bikes… It’s ok until your friends see you doing it!

Wish no more! The FJ cruiser is coming back! Production starts in Thailand and Japan this November and the 2025-2026 models will hit America many months thereafter!
I have no doubt your intel is spot on but I will believe it when I see it.

@Dirtdart
The biggest mistake Toyota made with the FJ was bringing it out in a petrol only. A lot of people I know would have loved one in a straight 6 diesel or even better the V8 diesel. That would have been an incredible vehicle. And that's coming from a Nissan lover.
Nissan made the same mistake with the new patrol in petrol only. Best on the market but the STUPID Australian govt won't allow the Nissan Patrol with the Cummins diesel into Australia.
Me thinks Toyota had something to do with it as it would have killed Toyota LandCruiser wagon sales.
Bob
I have no desire for a diesel engine so not an issue for me.

I have no desire for a diesel engine so not an issue for me.

Yes, the Land Cruiser diesel would have been amazing in the USA in an FJ cruiser. Didn’t happen, won’t happen. Lower expectations. The 2007-2014 US FJ cruiser had the bullet proof V6 gas engine. Good luck, you’ll never see that again! 100% odds the new 2025-2026 FJ is either the v4 turbo or a hybrid. When they announce specs and start assembly in November, the vintage FJ cruisers will skyrocket in value as the nation realizes you’ll never own anything new as good as what has already passed.

Don’t hate me, don’t hate Toyota, it’s the EPA that forces us to own lousy vehicles.

Yes, the Land Cruiser diesel would have been amazing in the USA in an FJ cruiser. Didn’t happen, won’t happen. Lower expectations. The 2007-2014 US FJ cruiser had the bullet proof V6 gas engine. Good luck, you’ll never see that again! 100% odds the new 2025-2026 FJ is either the v4 turbo or a hybrid. When they announce specs and start assembly in November, the vintage FJ cruisers will skyrocket in value as the nation realizes you’ll never own anything new as good as what has already passed.

Don’t hate me, don’t hate Toyota, it’s the EPA that forces us to own lousy vehicles.
Time to do to the EPA what needs to happen to Dept of Edu, Dept of Energy, BATF, FBI, probably many more that I've never even heard of.
FIRE ALL senior management, narrow the scope and redefine the mission statement. Then STAY IN YOUR LANE!!

I’ve got a 2023 wildtrak with 12k miles on it now, have driven from Texas 30 hours to up near Quebec for a hunt, have taken it off road and never a hiccup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PenelopeDx

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!