Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
So my 2012 Toyota Tundra has some 176,500 miles on it now. Runs like a champ. No mechanical repairs ever needed barring brake pads/shoes and of course tires. I've no reason to be rid of this truck, just getting the feeling to get something new.

The new Broncos with their throw back stying have caught my eye. I had one a couple of weeks ago in that baby blue color with the white top and white wheels......man that was pretty. I went so far as to even test drive one this past weekend. With the big mud tires on it the vehicle is a bit loud at highway speed. This is not a truck to make long road trips in if it can be avoided. But the ride was very smooth. It is designed to eat up the bumps and holes with little effort. I could see myself in one of these. But it would end a fairly long streak of Tundra ownership and a very long streak of owning a pickup, some 33 straight years now.

I was wondering if any of you have one of these new Broncos and if so what your experiences have been?

I don't have one so I can't give you any first hand experience. I have a co worker who bought one right when they came out with the soft top, having been promised that the hard tops would be available as an accessory. The hardtop was never made available, she traded the first bronco in on a second one that came from the factory with the hardtop. Both were trouble free, but obviously they haven't been a round all that long. The 2.7L ecoboost has a pretty good reputation for reliability, not sure about the 2.3L as that hasn't been used as often or as long as the 2.7L. I'm told some of the early 10R80 transmissions had some issues, but I think those are resolved by now.

I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra that never needs repairs. ( I keep it full of Amsoil from bumper to bumper.)
Like you, I don't need or want to replace it but that Bronco sure looks nice!

I don’t own a Bronco but I’ve ridden in them on rough terrain….

If you want to have it in addition to your tundra then by all means; however if your looking to replace the Tundra, I think you’ll be sorely disappointed in the Bronco as soon as you leave pavement.

I believe the 2.3 had some issues. Another thing I read alot about these new little suv's is how annoying the little rattles and squeaks are that they develop.

No way I would replace a Tundra, or most any other pickup, with a bronco. If I wanted something smaller I would get a tacoma, frontier or 4runner.

I looked at them, drove one of the 2 doors, and didn’t love it. Little sloppy handling on the freeway. Would prefer the larger engine (2.7L EcoBoost V6) with a manual transmission. I like the way they look and they have plenty of room inside…

I had a 2010 Jeep Rubicon in 2 Door and found it underpowered and was hoping to find something similar, so I’ve waited. More or less looking for a newer hunting rig and dog hauler alternative to my late model F-250 Diesel 4X4..

Last edited:
A good buddy bought one about a year ago.. he has nothing but great things to say about it...

he admits that its a bit loud and not the best "highway" vehicle he's ever owned.. but for a city and/or farm driver he absolutely loves it..

I have to admit, they have grown on me since they were release.. initially I thought the "new" bronco was going to be a throw back not only in style but also in size to the old second generation full size broncos.. and was a bit disappointed when they first hit the market.. especially with the tiny little "sport" version they are selling...

but fast forward to today.. I really like the style/appearance of them (still not a fan of the sport.. but love the larger version).. and if I listen to everyone I know that owns one, they appear to have enough genuine rugged capability, etc to make a nice "trail" type vehicle (at least as good as my Tundra)..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mymobilityscooters0652

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.