The 400 H&H

Of course not. (y)

More enablers will be along shortly to help ensure you are sufficiently convinced.

:ROFLMAO:

Of course not. (y)

More enablers will be along shortly to help ensure you are sufficiently convinced.

:ROFLMAO:
I just see it as the natural and end to my H&H collection…. I Have a Custom 300 H&H and a Custom 375 H&H
I thought about a 404 Jeff and a 416 Rigby but now the 400 H&H lol

Am I crazy for wanting one?

Definitely not if you want to own something beautiful and classic. The performance of the cartridge 400 H&H Magnum is comparable to many others of the same caliber class, but that is not the point. The cartridge 400 H&H Magnum fits perfectly into the series 300 H&H Magnum, 375 H&H Magnum and 465 H&H Magnum so that anyone who can afford it can have the battery built by Holland & Holland and is then equipped for hunting all game of the world.

I just see it as the natural and end to my H&H collection…. I Have a Custom 300 H&H and a Custom 375 H&H
I have Ruger No1's in 300H&H and 375H&H and have a No1 in 400H&H under construction currently!!
I shot my first African trophy 2 hours ago, an Impala with my 300H&H.
Not the biggest Impala, but I'm happy with it, heading out this afternoon for a bigger one, an Impala for my wife, and a Nyala.
Africa is an amazing place!!
www.phumba.co.za

Don't forget the 465H&H.

And a 256 H&H if you can find one…..I’ve got an original barrel, case form die and reloading dies, and no, mine is not for sale. I believe it was Selous who used one in Africa
Gumpy
That’s a different name for 6,5x53 R Dutch Mannlicher

You can’t stop at 400HH when there is also the 465HH out there..

Don't forget the 465H&H.

You can’t stop at 400HH when there is also the 465HH out there..
I would stop at the 400 H&H because I want all of my magnums to be based off of the 375 H&H parent cartridge. So the 400 is the end of the line for the H&H’s…
If I were to build or buy a rifle larger than my 458WinMag it would probably be a 470 Capstick. I bet the 465 H&H is nasty though!!!

The 400 H&H is a wonderful caliber. My Dakota Traveler 400 H&H and 375 H&H barrels are headed to Mozambique on Friday. The 400 will be chasing buffalo with 400 gr No. Forks and the 375 with 300 gr A- Frames for some pains game. Some would argue not much difference between the two but it’s just plain fun to mix it up because I can. If I just had room to take my 300 H&H.

The 400 H&H is a wonderful caliber. My Dakota Traveler 400 H&H and 375 H&H barrels are headed to Mozambique on Friday. The 400 will be chasing buffalo with 400 gr No. Forks and the 375 with 300 gr A- Frames for some pains game. Some would argue not much difference between the two but it’s just plain fun to mix it up because I can. If I just had room to take my 300 H&H.

Been shooting one since 2011
How have the velocities in your rifles with a 400gr bullet and your hunting results been as compared to the 416’s?
I would expect the same?

cz The gentleman i bought Dakota traveler has one in 400 hh. If you want to contact him @Goat416
I do own a Dakota 400 H&H. I have enjoyed the rifle and the cartridge. By the numbers it lands between my 375H&H and 416REM, both in kinetic energy and felt recoil. In my experience the 416REM sends the bullet at about 2-300 fps faster than the 400H&H. It's a little difficult at times to find brass and bullets, but it has been a fun and very usable cartridge for me over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PollyDenha

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Here are an update on available dates for 2025

Hunting dates available 2025
1-18 March
2-10 April
17-26 April
13-24 May
2 -30 June
8-16 July
26 July - 7 August
23 August - 30 September
LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia