Takeri Pics

IMG_0740.jpeg

Big healthy fellow.

Grabbed the tail of one once trying to stop him from going in a hole (both trackers about fainted). Could not budge him a millimeter - in hindsight, probably a good thing I couldn't. :rolleyes:

Big healthy fellow.

Grabbed the tail of one once trying to stop him from going in a hole (both trackers about fainted). Could not budge him a millimeter - in hindsight, probably a good thing I couldn't. :rolleyes:
Just out of curiousity, what would you think he might weigh? I would have to think every bit of 200lbs or more.
Big fellow indeed.

Pete and Mike

Just came across this thread. Really enjoy the photos!

Big healthy fellow.

We had a tracker do that in Moz. Python pulled him right into a termite mound. Crazy guy wouldn’t let go. We got him by the feet and pulled him out.

Yup last seen by scouts hanging out with couple of the females I got for him :A Thumbs Up:
I am certain his mood has improved. Those waterbuck cows were not doing it for him.

Big healthy fellow.

I would've loved to have seen that, I had the same inclination when I saw one in RSA but wasn't close enough. No idea what I would've done if I was successful lol

Another one of our sable bulls saw mid July...drove back to Lusaka today , yesterday went out to check on an area that a fire had burned after jumping fence fire break...bumped a couple of nice bulls...one nice and thick..old around 42/43 inches..very nice...other one was mature as well, but still bit young and he was around 45 probably 46 .....in couple years mmmm.....

20230718_175348.jpg

With @375 Ruger Fan unfortunate accident postponing his hunt as you saw, Pete came out for couple of days anyway....we amused ourselves by shooting 2 waterbuck, as I had promised chief lumpuma over the river some meat for his annual ceremony . He has been very supportive towards us, and told his people to report any poaching or people involved directly to him....he had a meeting with the ones just over from us and our head scout went along....he said the chief said you must assist them and if any of you die there it's your fault.... :E Big Grin: ....not that that would happen...but our maritime patrols have been known to eat the odd person supposedly on the river fishing at night....even though that's illegal....

What’s a Cedric?
He is a big male Kudu who jumped in few years ago....we never put Kudu on when reintroduced the animals 18 odd years ago....so after feeling sorry for him for about 3 years bought some females and couple other males....as he was only one for quite a while we named him cedric ....so he has a free pass to enjoy himself...even if @PeteG has other devious plans...:E Nono::E Big Grin:

What’s a Cedric?
Kudu are pretty thin on the ground in that part of Zambia. This lonely mid-fifties bull appeared around three years ago. He posed for Pete, Andrew, and me at eighty to 100 yards at least four times while I was hunting Takeri. In spite of such provocation, we behaved. I am really glad that he has found friends.

He is a big male Kudu who jumped in few years ago....we never put Kudu on when reintroduced the animals 18 odd years ago....so after feeling sorry for him for about 3 years bought some females and couple other males....as he was only one for quite a while we named him cedric ....so he has a free pass to enjoy himself...even if @PeteG has other devious plans...:E Nono::E Big Grin:
You know what’s happening next time I see him… :P Gangster:
:ROFLMAO::A Stirring:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlenCorrie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available