SOUTH AFRICA: KoringKoppie Hunting Safaris *Warning* Stay Away

I’ve rarely seen someone say it was “best.” You’re moving the goalpost.

I’ve seen lots say they had a great trip and experience, only to be invalidated by some on here.
I haven’t seen a negative post on a positive hunt report ever since I’ve been on AH. I have seen questions asked on discussion threads. Those with less experience typically take the most offense because they don’t want to consider the question asked or new information presented.

Please do the hunt, if my wife were divorce me, I would be lighting money on fire.

I am fortunate. It is amicable. We actually like each other. We just have nothing in common and after 20 years it's come to a head. It's going to cost me and maybe affect next year. It is what it is. Frankly? This site has not helped. As I have gotten older I realize how badly I want to do stuff WITH my significant other - seeing many of you fine folks doing just that - and has no desire at all, which is fine.

Sorry... didn't mean to get off into the weeds from the thread's topic....

For some of us yardsticks and record books aren't important. If I have a good time hunting at my first safari outfit, why shouldn't I go back? A good time is a good time. Sure, I can roll the dice with a different outfitter. Maybe I'll hit the jackpot and have a better time. Or maybe it will be a shitshow (see what happened to the OP!). My outfitter worked hard to get my return business. Instead I should just tell him, "Sorry, I'm going to try somewhere else to see if I can have a better time." Just burned that bridge! Maybe it won't matter to him. But I tend to live by the Golden Rule. It would matter to me if I was running the business. So it matters to me as a client. But hey, that's just me. Everyone knows I'm such a jerk. :D
I don't know you personally so let me ignore the jerk comment and assume you are a nice guy :).
More power to anyone who thinks they had a good time and they want to go back to the same outfit.
What I'm trying to point out is if you always go to same place or it's your first time doing it you can't rank that place against others because you don't know if it's better or worse.
It's no different than someone saying I'm living in the greatest city in the World without living in any other city.
As far as record books etc...I don't even care.
For me it's about the experience.

I am fortunate. It is amicable. We actually like each other. We just have nothing in common and after 20 years it's come to a head. It's going to cost me and maybe affect next year. It is what it is. Frankly? This site has not helped. As I have gotten older I realize how badly I want to do stuff WITH my significant other - seeing many of you fine folks doing just that - and has no desire at all, which is fine.

I say this sincerely, I hope you find what you’re looking for.

I say this half joking and half serious …. I’m sure there’s a few AH members with moms, and sisters who are single and would love a 1 degree of kindred relation to join you on a goat hunt. I’m willing to offer my girlfriend’s mom, she hunted both Kenya and Tanzania back in the 70’s before the ban. Has told my girlfriend multiple times she’s an idiot for not tagging along on several trips.

I say this sincerely, I hope you find what you’re looking for.

I say this half joking and half serious …. I’m sure there’s a few AH members with moms, and sisters who are single and would love a 1 degree of kindred relation to join you on a goat hunt. I’m willing to offer my girlfriend’s mom, she hunted both Kenya and Tanzania back in the 70’s before the ban. Has told my girlfriend multiple times she’s an idiot for not tagging along on several trips.

Need to hold out for a sheep hunt man. Starting with a goat is low balling.

Find yourself a Filipina, you won't regret it. Im definitely not the best person for advice on African hunting but as a divorced guy I can say thats top notch advice.

Need to hold out for a sheep hunt man. Starting with a goat is low balling.
We can work up to that. If I remember right @Tundra Tiger really wanted to do a goat hunt. Figured we’d start small then work up to chasing Dall’s in the Brooks since they seem to still have the best population.

Find yourself a Filipina, you won't regret it. Im definitely not the best person for advice on African hunting but as a divorced guy I can say thats top notch advice.
When taking a wife from overseas, the two key words are … “Prenuptial Agreement”

I don’t think he’s discouraging or invalidating their view point, he’s not putting as much faith or credibility into their opinion because they don’t have something else to compare/measure it against. If someone has only ever had the steak at Golden Corral does that mean they know what a Ribeye at Texas Roadhouse will be like compared to Del Frisco’s or Cote in NYC?

This works both ways. There are members of this forum who’ve been blessed to take several safaris Tanzania, CAR, Cameroon or in other wild African places that have tens of millions of unfenced acres but never hunted South Africa let alone a game farm. There are some members who’ve never hunted anywhere in Africa without a fence, and there are others who’ve done both. The post you responded to was implying if you don’t have an experience one way or the other, you don’t know what you don’t know.

I think everyone on AH can agree if you like your outfitter hunt with them. Most would suggest if you want to try a new area, find an outfitter that specializes in that area, and keep hunting Africa as much as you can as long as you’re happy with who you’re hunting with.

I have the official trademark on calling Kuche Safaris the Golden Corral of the safari industry. It was probably my best post to date. lol

I have the official trademark on calling Kuche Safaris the Golden Corral of the safari industry. It was probably my best post to date. lol
I honestly don’t remember that, there have been so many thread and pages it’s all run together. I was passing one while typing that response so it made sense, but I’ll cease and desist further patent infringement.

I honestly don’t remember that, there have been so many thread and pages it’s all run together. I was passing one while typing that response so it made sense, but I’ll cease and desist further patent infringement.
It was from one of the Kuche threads in the last year or so. Feel free to use. Great minds think alike.

so IM logged in just to say this thread is giving me a head ace, talk about beating a dead horse. and so RED LEGGS, COULD YOU PLEASE POST THE SCENE FROM TRUE GRIT where rooster, [jeff bridges[ says" I quit , I bow out, I wash my hands of it" I would if I could...

When taking a wife from overseas, the two key words are … “Prenuptial Agreement”
Does not matter where they're from, unless they are wealthy. :)

Well, I assume from the comments that after 6 trips with the same outfitter, although at multiple camps ranging from Northwest, Limpopo and Kalahari my opinions don't matter.
Thats fine. I need a beak from AH anyways.
I don't know what has happened but this site has gone down hill in the last 3-4 months where it's not even pleasurable to log in and read threads.
There is to much bickering, bashing and uncalled for comments to me.

This will be my last post for awhile while I take a break from all this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InesT41513

Latest profile posts

thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?
1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe