SOUTH AFRICA: KoringKoppie Hunting Safaris *Warning* Stay Away

Two more positive reviews that are first message on the boards
And I'll bet every one that says they're going back with them are getting a discount or free animals.
Once again to the first time posters, I was born at night but .........
Having said all that, in today's world, AI can create just about fake anything including hunt reports on here.

And I'll bet every one that says they're going back with them are getting a discount or free animals.
Once again to the first time posters, I was born at night but .........
Having said all that, in today's world, AI can create just about fake anything including hunt reports on here.
I wouldn’t accuse anyone of that. They had a different set of expectations and it was also likely their first African hunt with nothing to compare against so they think it was great. Quite a few people are happy with their first African hunt because laundry is done every day and they harvested animals at a good price compared to North American hunts. There is a lot better out there if someone knows to look.

One think I keep noticing on all the former clients positive posts is they don't address or say if they handed their tips directly to staff? They also don't say if they were told Jac finishes all wounded game. One said that was never said because he didn't have any wounded game. But if that is your policy shouldn't you be telling everyone that before then hunt? Not after the fact?

I wouldn’t accuse anyone of that. They had a different set of expectations and it was also likely their first African hunt with nothing to compare against so they think it was great. Quite a few people are happy with their first African hunt because laundry is done every day and they harvested animals at a good price compared to North American hunts. There is a lot better out there if someone knows to look.

What is really disingenuous is the Outfitter, who is obviously ghosting this thread and orchestrating these posts. He should just man up and address the accusations

What is really disingenuous is the Outfitter, who is obviously ghosting this thread and orchestrating these posts. He should just man up and address the accusations
100%

Tell your side of the story if you don't agree with what the OP stated.

As I said before, I feel the OP made some mistakes and honestly should have stood firm on some things instead of being pressured into a situation that was not acceptable (less than fair chase shooting of an animal for example), but there is a whole lot that was attributed to the outfitter that I find completely unacceptable.

Like NOBODY should go to Africa and have he and/or his observer put in fear for their physical safety...BY THE OUTFITTER...ever. Not over any kind of disagreement.

One think I keep noticing on all the former clients positive posts is they don't address or say if they handed their tips directly to staff? They also don't say if they were told Jac finishes all wounded game. One said that was never said because he didn't have any wounded game. But if that is your policy shouldn't you be telling everyone that before then hunt? Not after the fact?
One thing about the tips, in Mozambique we would hand the staff their tips to the staff in an envelope and then the staff would take a little for pocket money but give the majority to the resident PH to hold for them until the end of the year. Truthfully money did them no good as we were at least 30 km from any store.
I’ve never seen this in South Africa, the outfitter has always had us hand out the tips in front of everyone but if you felt someone treated you above and beyond they wanted you to be discreet and find them alone to give any extra gift as they call it.

Agreed. I still would not go so far to accuse past clients lying or getting discounts to tell their stories. They just don’t know better. Since Brickburn changed the title it’s now on first page of google search results. Not addressing the issue gives more credibility to the OP in my mind.

Agreed. I still would not go so far to accuse past clients lying or getting discounts to tell their stories. They just don’t know better. Since Brickburn changed the title it’s now on first page of google search results. Not addressing the issue gives more credibility to the OP in my mind.

I agree but want to add,

I am not sure those posts are from past clients.
Notice there are no grammatical errors?
I make boo boos often in AH if I don't edit in MS Word twice!
I have even seen @Red Leg make an occasional error and he a far better writer than me :)
I think those posts of past clients were written or at least revised and edited by a common source.

Where is the outfitter? Even if the truth is somewhere in the middle, some bad stuff happened on that safari.

Last edited:
I found this post from an old thread asking about the outfitter in question, by an a person I have lots of respect for, to be prophetic....

1723557677506.png

I agree but want to add,

I have even seen @Red Leg make an occasional error and he a far better writer than me :)
I think those posts of past clients were written or at least revised and edited by a common source.

Where is the outfitter? Even if the truth is somewhere in the middle, some bad stuff happened on that safari.
I gave the positive reviews so little credibility I failed to notice the similar formatting of several. If that’s an effort to not directly address the issues in original post that’s a really foolish move by outfitter.

I agree but want to add,

One of the first-day-wonders wrote a report that was pretty poor grammar. I wondered if Engish was not his first language. The last one could have been written by Ernest Hemingway.

I'm sure by now the moderator is checking the IP addresses to ensure the puff pieces are not coming from the same keyboard.

One of the first-day-wonders wrote a report that was pretty poor grammar. I wondered if Engish was not his first language. The last one could have been written by Ernest Hemingway.

I'm sure by now the moderator is checking the IP addresses to ensure the puff pieces are not coming from the same keyboard.

That’s easy enough to avoid by using multiple VPN’s.

I’m sceptical that the outfitters/ owners are ghosting this website and it’s viewership
There are like 4-7 other sites that post safari reviews, mainly bow / crossbow
Maybe the accused is a regular contributor on one of those? Or maybe busy conducting business
Those sites are not my cup of tea but still exist, I am not a bow hunter or CBL hunting fan , but nonetheless they still exist and might have covered this disaster
I don’t know?
I don’t know who these new members are or where or how they decided to post a rebuttal, but the OP and his girlfriend where newbie’s before this thread popped into existence, so their credibility has nullified after this, it’s still a he/ she said vs a they said
With a double dog pile on depending on which side of road people decide to hurl their stones

100%

Tell your side of the story if you don't agree with what the OP stated.

As I said before, I feel the OP made some mistakes and honestly should have stood firm on some things instead of being pressured into a situation that was not acceptable (less than fair chase shooting of an animal for example), but there is a whole lot that was attributed to the outfitter that I find completely unacceptable.

Like NOBODY should go to Africa and have he and/or his observer put in fear for their physical safety...BY THE OUTFITTER...ever. Not over any kind of disagreement.
It may also be possible the outfitter isn’t posting or responding until after the meeting with PHASA.

We’ve seen it in the past when there are disputes where one party doesn’t say anything or answer questions until it’s resolved. Wasn’t that the MO following the Omay Bid Tender with Dalton & York? I don’t believe Kuche ever joined the forum following his bad reviews to address them. I’ve seen a fair number of bad reviews where an outfitter/PH is accused of lying, cheating, etc and they never respond. If a lawyer has been involved by at least one party they may have been advised of this. Not saying the OP contacted a lawyer but given this is the Outfitters livelihood and others are claiming a formal case from PHASA has been opened he may have thought it prudent on that side of the Atlantic

That’s easy enough to avoid by using multiple VPN’s.
Except there is a record of all your IP addresses and they are not really random. Nothing more suspicious than IP's bouncing all over the place.

The three newbies are not doing anything suspect from my desk view.

Last edited:
It may also be possible the outfitter isn’t posting or responding until after the meeting with PHASA.

We’ve seen it in the past when there are disputes where one party doesn’t say anything or answer questions until it’s resolved. Wasn’t that the MO following the Omay Bid Tender with Dalton & York? I don’t believe Kuche ever joined the forum following his bad reviews to address them. I’ve seen a fair number of bad reviews where an outfitter/PH is accused of lying, cheating, etc and they never respond. If a lawyer has been involved by at least one party they may have been advised of this. Not saying the OP contacted a lawyer but given this is the Outfitters livelihood and others are claiming a formal case from PHASA has been opened he may have thought it prudent on that side of the Atlantic
Kuche has many happy and return clients. Most, not all of the bashing here is by members who strongly disagree with their business model as they perceive it and had no direct experience with Kuche. There are multiple examples on Africa Hunting where some one posts about a great hunt they had with Kuche and it turns into a bash fest from members who have never hunted with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vbert6363

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe