SOUTH AFRICA: First-Timer Success With Kuche Safaris May 2023

Beautiful...animals, photos, and story.

Fantastic write up and I’m super excited about next May!!! Thanks for the details!!!

Congrats on a great trip - Looks like you had a blast!

Happy for you !

I have to say, hunters who travel to Africa are sincerely thrilled and happy for their fellow hunters !

Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on a very successful safari and thanks for posting your write-up and pictures.

Nice to see a happy hunter.
Congratulations.

Gald you had a great safari @Hookmeup

As Billy Bob would say: "I feel your pain" because now you get to wait (and wait...) for the Next one. :D:D

Final Thoughts: Kuche

I would, and will, absolutely go back. More than likely it will be with my wife and son when he's old enough. Koos and his family run a beautiful operation. The PH's and staff wait on you hand and foot. Koos says it in the beginning: I can't fix something you don't tell me about, so please, tell me. The communal atmosphere, as others have said on here, is very nice. Hanging out with others in the camp was a lot of fun. Koos has a PH say grace before dinner every night. Ladies go first. The food? Well, it's amazing.

Close call on my favorite. I can't pick. Kudu, eland, and zebra were my top 3. We had impala, blesbok, as well and they all were delicious too. Chef Robert is a hell of a chef. It was nice to come home from a hard day of hunting to a nice hot meal and a cold beer.

View attachment 534048

View attachment 534049

View attachment 534050

We were in the cabins. They are nice. Heated and airconditioned, nice hot showers, and comfy beds. The lodge is brand new. They now have wifi in all the cabins so calling home is easy using WhatsApp. I was able to talk to the wife every night.

View attachment 534055

I cannot say enough about my PH Rudolph and tracker Lucas. Both of them worked their tails off to get me my target species and make sure I had a good experience. We were just really successful and it was all to their credit.

View attachment 534056

View attachment 534057

View attachment 534058

I highly recommend anyone looking for a good experience to check out Kuche Safaris. Koos and his entire staff were amazing to deal with and made my experience in RSA awesome.
Congratulations on a fantastic safari I enjoyed reading your write up.

Great report. Congrats on your hunt. Good shooting!
Bruce

Awesome report!!!!

What a trip man, those are some great looking animals, sounds like an incredible hunt all around.

I bought a rifle with this same deal, VERY excited to get over and do the hunt!

Thanks for this well written and timely report. On the way to Kuche in two weeks observing, with three friends who are hunting on the same type of package

Congratulations, have heard great things about Kuche from a friend here in Kentucky.

awesome report and congrats on a great hunt. thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Congrats on your hunt, and thanks for sharing !

Congrats on a great hunt! Koos is a wonderful guy and great host!

He really is. He's pretty funny too. His quick one liners and quips had us all laughing.

Great report, Africa has grabbed another soul. When are yo going back?

I can honestly say not till my son is old enough. He has to come, along with my wife, next time I go.

Gald you had a great safari @Hookmeup

As Billy Bob would say: "I feel your pain" because now you get to wait (and wait...) for the Next one. :D:D

Suffering hard from "PADS." Post-Africa Depression Syndrome. There was a long lead up to this trip of 2 years. One year wasn't bad. Once we got into 12 months out we started prepping for the trip. 6 months out we were full on prepping/organizing/practicing. 3 months out it was basically all on go-time. It's very weird not having something to prep and practice for. I'll manage but its definitely a real thing.

Nice animals, great repoert. Thanks for sharing

Congratulations!

I presume you will already try to figure out when you will be going back. Africa does that to a man.

One thing that you touched on that I could really relate to is the hospitality. Although I hunted several times with a different outfit, I was simply blown away by how friendly, generally good natured, and hospitable the Afrikaaners are. It's not just a show for paying clients, either. I've had the privilege of hosting my outfitter and PHs here a couple of times, and they are as gracious guests as they are hosts.

Congratulations on an excellent hunt and report. You mention the GB listing by JD Outfitters in Oklahoma (buy a gun, get a safari). Did you buy a rifle from them? I've seen those ads and did a little research on JD Outfitters. Turns out they are located in Edmond, OK (suburb of OKC), very close to where one of my daughters and son in law live. Glad to hear they are legit, I might pay them a visit the next time I am in Edmond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MavisKessl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?