Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA & local organizations
Hunted
South Africa
I hunted with Marius Eygelaar and Bernard “Bessie” Bester at @EC HUNTING SAFARIS in July 2024. We used the facilities at Lakeside Private Reserve, outside Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape of South Africa for my hunt. The facilities, food, and service were top-notch; clean, comfortable, and with everything you need to make your stay comfortable! I have known Bessie for several years and hunted with him in other places twice previously. Meeting and hunting with someone new can make for a nervous start, but Marius immediately made me feel right at home as we discussed various hunting strategies and joked like old buddies. We quickly became good friends and frequently share stories of hunting adventures, reloading, and gunsmithing projects from opposite sides of the globe. Bessie and I have remained in constant contact ever since we first met. I can honestly call both of these fine gentlemen good friends! EC Hunting Safaris has access to a multitude of quality trophy animals. Even after 3 very successful previous trips to South Africa, I took 5 really nice trophy plains game animals with them! Marius and Bessie guided me to a great trophy Warthog that eclipses the one I already had on my wall! This was a dream come true for me. I also took a wonderful White-Flanked impala, the first of this rare species I had ever seen! I got a bonus Caracal, an elusive cat most hunters never get to see, much less shoot! My most memorable moments were on a night hunt with a great rifle and thermal scope that allowed me to take two wonderful Black-Backed Jackal, an animal I had wanted for years! I must add, EC Safaris has quality rifles for hire, if you don’t want to bring your own or need one for a special purpose, as I did! The biggest plus I can mention about hunting with Marius and Bessie is that they have access to several other hunting areas to meet your trophy needs and desires! So many PHs are locked into a single property, which can really limit your trophy choices. EC Hunting Safaris is ready to work with you and help you plan your hunt of a lifetime! They will go out of their way to meet your every need and every trophy request! Get with them. You’ll be glad you did! I sure was! --Bill Clayton, Rapid City, South Dakota (redacted

5400bdb0-f0a7-407a-a64b-61d4966d1a96.JPG
03ed69e5-d329-4216-9748-19add71293e2.JPG
c98199a3-5656-432d-821b-a1377cac843a.JPG
e16d6ba8-c3ad-4555-9e54-c76bcf4ddbc1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! Glad you had a good time. Thank you for sharing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balule

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!