Sir Jackie Stewart and H&H - Race Against Dementia

Zinz

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I grew up watching Sir Jackie Stewart race Formula 1. I remember reading about his shotgun career many years ago and that added another dimension to how much I appreciated this great racer. Now, he is putting his drive and passion into something that hits home with me and that is working with researchers to find a cure for Dementia. Alzheimer's took my mom 8 years ago and I don't wish it on anyone... it crushed my dad to see his beautiful wife taken in such a way.

In any case, here's a good video with H&H sponsoring a sporting clays event to raise money for the cause. If you're a fan of racing and shooting, it's worth the watch.

Ed Z

Didn't know he was still with us. A class act. Heck of an announcer after he retired from racing. Didn't know he was into shooting. Dementia is insidious and heartbreaking. Another nasty one is Huntington's disease. My next door neighbor was finally able to legally end his life with assisted suicide at home this summer. Ran into their son two nights ago. He is showing symptoms and I'm guessing he's late forties. Said his younger sister did finally get screened after she showed symptoms. Also positive. It's a death sentence. Thankfully neither of them have kids to carry on this horrible disease. I can only imagine what their mom is going through ... for the rest of her life. I am keeping my distance due to appearances (widower chasing widows) but let Tony know I am thinking of them. Very, very sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pgsharpp

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!