SOUTH AFRICA: Back from a wonderful journey and a great hunt with Wayne Wagner Safaris

FlowHamed18

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Today I got home from a really great Safari organised by Wayne Wagner Safaris.

The PH was Ian Brown and we were hunting my first buffalo for 7 days in the Limpopo province.

I have to say that Ian is a wonderful person. He is friendly, funny and a really great PH who is living for the hunt itself.

From the first second of daylight until the last one we were out in the bush searching for tracks and following them through the bush.

The accommodation was nice and the food was always great.

As I am not a very good writer, only a few sentences on my buffalo.
On day 6 of 7 we found this old bull on his way back from the waterhole into the thickness.

We were able to stalk him up to 40m where I was able to hit him with a perfect broadside shot from my .404 Jeffery.
The bullet broke his opposite shoulder and he was down after 20m.
After the death bellow I paid our insurance with a second shot nonetheless.

There he was lying - my first buffalo...
Scratching at the 40 inch mark, with a boss full of character and over 12 years old this is really my dream buffalo

1000059258.jpg

Congrats on a great first buffalo! I hunted with Ian 4 or 5 years ago. Great PH and person and one of the most scenic camps I've ever stayed at!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Great buffalo! No surprises that you had a great hunt with Ian. He was my PH on my first hunt to RSA in 2010.

Great buff congrats :D Cheers:

The picture speaks thousand words!
Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crymes

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]