What scope mount is this?

MontanaGrant

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
I have tried reverse google image searching, I've searched tons of photos, etc. I could always replace them with another type of mount however I cannot tell if the holes are "standard" mauser spacing used for Talleys or Leupold bases. I'm interested in the gun, the mount just threw me off. Looks like a european version of a Leupold base, front dovetail and rear twists in then must clamp from each side.

It's a VZ24 sporterized. Using a Brno barrel in 7X64.

Attachments

• zscopebase2.jpg
    zscopebase2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 17
  • zscopebase1.jpg
    zscopebase1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 17
It appears to be a classic swing mount, as is currently produced nowadays by Recknagel, but this one looks as if it was adapted to this rifle. I suspect that the bolt action was not pre-drilled so that mounts could be screwed on.

Vz.24 was a military action with stripper clip port. No port on this one so either the port was filled in and machined down or some other action? I suggest calipering the hole placement end to end, making a diagram. Then compare to hole placement for various two piece bases and even one-piece bases/rails to see if something will match up to holes in your receiver.

Vz.24 was a military action with stripper clip port. No port on this one so either the port was filled in and machined down or some other action? I suggest calipering the hole placement end to end, making a diagram. Then compare to hole placement for various two piece bases and even one-piece bases/rails to see if something will match up to holes in your receiver.

This is the reason why the front screw of the rear base is more behind.

I suspect, otherwise it would not explain the position of the screws on the rear base. The standard manufactured bases have the holes in different places.

Katalog 12

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiraBallin

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]