Some opinions

RootballExpress

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hello everyone,

The time has come!!!!!! However, I am torn by the lure of power between two awesome calibers of double rifle.

I have the opportunity to get either a 500 Nitro Express made by VC from a close friend once he retires in a few months, or a custom 10 bore (partially rifled) paradox double.

Which one would you guys choose and why? All practicality aside

Maybe not the most practical choice, but it would be extremely hard for me to ever turn down a paradox.
The paradox would be built by Aria Ballistic Engineering Inc out of WA. Jason, the owner, really does awesome work. build would be basic, but have more TKO and terminal perfomance than classic big bore double rifles (577 NE, 600 NE, etc)

As an owner of a double rifle caliber 577 Nitro Express and another one caliber 600 Nitro Express, I have a different opinion as far as terminal ballistics is concerned.

The TKO was always controversial discussed and is no longer relevant for the choice of a cartridge nowadays.

A .500 double rifle is the way to go..the Paradox is now a part of history..

The .500, for this gun you will get reliable info on regulation, loads and so on.

But a 10bore Paradox sounds like a lot of fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonroeDeva

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!