Some of our favorite Cape buffalo photos...

Interesting that you mention Crooks Corner...that is on my bucket list someday...and Gonarezhou.

Those last 2 photos look like you were with me 2 weeks ago...same kind of look just before we stalked them.
I saw buff all over like this almost every day of my hunt. good to see these big herds

Guess I should’ve asked what safari company on the Zimbabwean side, I think Panther Trackers operates close to there on the Mozambique side

Guess I should’ve asked what safari company on the Zimbabwean side, I think Panther Trackers operates close to there on the Mozambique side
Gavin does work that area I believe.

Guess I should’ve asked what safari company on the Zimbabwean side

This was 12 years ago... I don't remember the hunt bloc, but one of my pictures is labeled "Malaputi", if that helps at all... I can't ask John...yesterday marked 3 years Covid took his life :(

Ed Z

A bit of fun especially for a future PH
IMG_0899.jpg

With all these great pics of buff it would be nice if there was a tool on this sight where you could place a red dot on the pic of shot placement.
So many great pics at all angles it imo would be a great tool.

With all these great pics of buff it would be nice if there was a tool on this sight where you could place a red dot on the pic of shot placement.
So many great pics at all angles it imo would be a great tool.

Great idea! I am sure somebody has that ability.

Be nice to see. You would get a good understanding of where to shoot in a lot of situations. For me someone saying so far up the leg…..is his far my far :unsure: seen this a lot in bird and clay shooting. Yeah I gave it such and such lead….then you have the inches versus cm:eek::ROFLMAO:

Might down load a few of these pics and have a go. Put up with why I took that shot…..or not took it.

Interesting that you mention Crooks Corner...that is on my bucket list someday...and Gonarezhou.
I don't hunt there because I don't gamble. I could have the best hand on earth and the PH would just say, "I'm Gonarezhou"....
Lots of funny names in Africa.

For a buffalo, Barrie Duckworth gave me a tip years ago on shot placement.
He told me to aim at the daylight between the front legs -regardless of angle and level where the neck meets the body ( dewlap). That is about 1/3rd the way up.
For a 1/4 away shot, I picture where the legs would be if I could see thru the buffalo.
For a sideways presentation, I come up the leg, even (level) with the dewlap & shoot.

Just thought I'd pass along Barrie's tip.

Ciao,
Jack

Barrie's advice is very good and no surprise coming from him. I took that exact shot last year in low light at about 60 yards. Buff was dead in 20 yards...and that was with a 375, not a cannon.

Capstick said buff "look at you like you owe them money". I think that says it rather well.
That was Robert Ruark long before Capstick. Capstick was a better writer. lol

Just got back from Tanzania. I shot my first 3 buff and was amazed at how different they can be even from the same area. The 3rd one I shot had a ton of "Ivory" on his horns which is why they are wet so the ivory could be seen better.

20240719_105337.jpg
20240719_105355.jpg
20240719_105400.jpg
20240719_105425.jpg
20240719_110846.jpg
20240712_111539.jpg
20240717_070146.jpg
20240717_071404.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!! That’s impressive. My Mozambique bull had some of that on the inner part of the hooks, but nothing like yours!

Congratulations!

Ed Z

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamonSchul

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?