Some of our favorite Cape buffalo photos...

Buffalo Tanz.jpeg

I like this for the Monster tucked in there !

Excellent. So the question is...when do you go back? I just can't get enough of buff and ele. One of them is the goal of every trip I've taken so far. I don't plan on changing that approach.
I am so like you…it seems I am now only interested in elephant and buffalo!

I like that young fellow in the middle-lots of potential there-outstanding photos, thank you all for sharing

View attachment 618955

I like this for the Monster tucked in there !
That's the kind of scenario that I would want to look as much as possible. That's a much larger group than I am used to hunting. I like finding those small groups of older bulls that have pulled back from the herds.

Buffalo Tanz.jpeg

I think he would be near 50in model, certainly 48in ?

I had a look in my files for exactly where that was but couldn’t find the details sorry.

Its Tanzania.

Very difficult to judge the widest ones. I took one 2 weeks ago that was 47 and change...that looks as big as that one. It's probably 48+ and it's not hard to believe another inch or two.

Those last 2 photos look like you were with me 2 weeks ago...same kind of look just before we stalked them.

View attachment 619022

I think he would be near 50in model, certainly 48in ?

I had a look in my files for exactly where that was but couldn’t find the details sorry.

Its Tanzania.

This guy is definitely wide but he looks really thin to me on his bosses. I would like to see the lower left bull standing broadside in the water straight in. His bosses are really big.

Buffalo in the dusk.

buff3.jpeg

I forgot about these. My buddy John was guiding his client in the “Crook’s Corner” area of Zim. Client took a great bull and two days later on a short walk out of camp they walked up on a bachelor group. John was begging the client to take another bull, but he passed. So they took pictures instead.

…the guy was definitely not a buffalo hunter :)

5537E7BF-DC25-4F2F-96BE-AA13975916CB.jpeg

80F41223-045E-4ED0-90ED-6B7AB80D8713.jpeg
A438AD44-D4A8-4B16-BD7B-6D4A0BDA3E59.jpeg
52BD2D17-EA30-4728-AFD0-1950A3FE792B.jpeg
32EC3814-F740-4B3A-9EA0-81F2E58AC21B.jpeg

ooof...big boy on the edge of cover...that's about as good as it gets. Hard to turn it down.

ooof...big boy on the edge of cover...that's about as good as it gets. Hard to turn it down.

Right??? John sent me those pictures and I was floored... everyone one of them hard-bossed and top drawer trophies. I could never afford to hunt that area, but good grief...

Ed Z

I saw a bull 2 weeks ago that made my stomach flip flop...that has never happened before. I will be writing about it in the hunt report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaraAmies

Latest profile posts

thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?
1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe