Site Slowing Down?

Didnt Jerome say a month or two ago that they were changing or upgrading servers?
 
It is very slow and getting worse.
 
Yup, thought it was me
 
Glad it wasn't just on my end! It's pretty much too slow to use the forum at the moment.
 
I too thought the problem was at my end
It's a bit frustrating
 
Hello all! Thank you for posting in this thread which I've been following and indeed looking into. I too noticed that I was having a more difficult time loading pages however I'm in Namibia at this time and was thinking for a while that it was just my connection here as it is often inconsistent. So I'm glad extremely glad that this thread was started by @JimP.

I have been in contact for the last several days with the hosting company and my developer to resolve the issues with AH loading time. What I have learned is that it will not be a quick fix and will take 2 to 3 weeks to be resolve. I am sorry about that but AH needs to be optimized and updated to new technologies that were not available before in order to load faster for the heavy load of media that we carry on the site.

We need to serve the images from the cloud front, this will require programming and work in the background so you should not be too inconvenient other than the continued slow loading until all is in place. The site may sometimes be down temporarily for a few minutes at a time.

Thank you all again for sharing your experience on the site and my apology for this inconvenience. I hope to be able to make the site better and faster than ever before. My best, Jerome
 
View attachment 553149
I am sure @BRICKBURN has already noticed this but I will throw it out there. There seems to be about 10,000 guest connecting at any given time. Sad attempt at A DDOS? only the site administrators would know, but 10,000 computers sending malformed packets at a server will bog it down pretty good. Just a thought.

Decided to have a look at this side too.

Apparently, Africa Hunting had become incredibly popular in Singapore today. I invited them to take a hike.
 
For what it is worth, things seem to have sped up exponentially since I was viewing earlier today. I hope the planned changes go well and whatever has changed since this morning keeps us using the site at the speed we were used to. Thanks for the efforts.
 
For what it is worth, things seem to have sped up exponentially since I was viewing earlier today. I hope the planned changes go well and whatever has changed since this morning keeps us using the site at the speed we were used to. Thanks for the efforts.

Beat me to it by a minute :E Big Grin:
 
It's ripping around now. Cool.
 
Decided to have a look at this side too.

Apparently, Africa Hunting had become incredibly popular in Singapore today. I invited them to take a hike.
This may have done the ticket and unfortunately may be what has to continue to be done. The site is faster than anytime in recent memory. Thanks for helping out!

HH
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,188
Members
169,505
Latest member
CharliL771
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top