Show Us Your Hunting Knife

1723865662301.png

This is what we use on our deer. The curve inside the groove is sharp all the rest is blunt. You literally can’t puncture the innards.
I love everything about that picture. Takes me back to my childhood hunting in Upstate NY with my grandfather. Doing it on the front porch is icing on the cake. LOL.

I've gone back and forth with zipper knives...sometimes I really like them, while other times not so much. Your knife appears to be a top quality piece of kit and I bet it holds an edge for a good long time. I've sold all my zippers to others and I hope they are enjoying them, no plans on another one at this time.

What I have found is that I prefer a fixed blade for nearly all of my hunting knives. The only exception is a Havalon Piranta Forge (orange handle so I don't loose it in the leaves) I keep with me for traveling light when hunting birds.

I also find this thread humorous because I have more hunting knives than I could possibly use on a safari...even if I had to skin the game myself. To top it off...I'm looking at another one. :ROFLMAO: I'll bet I use my hunting knives in the kitchen more often than I do in the field. But no one clicks on pictures of chopped up carrots. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristaGri

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com