Show Us Your Highland Stalker

Thank you for the quick reply. Actually the Z6 1.7-10x42 is one of my favorites and will probably be what I use. Maybe the illuminated reticle version. This will primarily be for plains game, leopard and some local deer hunting at reasonable ranges.

Are these the EAW mounts directly from Rigby? I was wondering if they match the finish on the HS?

Mine are from NECG. They match the finish pretty well.

View attachment 540952

Picked up this HS today in 30-06. Will post better pics once it arrives. Need scope mount advice. Noticed several folks were using EAW. Any comments on your experiences with mounts would be appreciated.
It looks great, also that store seems to be a very nice place aswell judging from the interior visible in your picture.

It looks great, also that store seems to be a very nice place aswell judging from the interior visible in your picture.

Agreed, where is that shop?

“The Sporting Shoppe” in RI. I had never heard of it but it’s a pretty impressive gun store to say the least. High end gear, 150 yard underground shooting range and even a restaurant and spa.
Looked up their site on the Internet, looks like a great place, wish we had stores like that in Sweden.

View attachment 540952

Picked up this HS today in 30-06. Will post better pics once it arrives. Need scope mount advice. Noticed several folks were using EAW. Any comments on your experiences with mounts would be appreciated.
Beautiful rifle!!!

I've got the EAW mounts on my Mauser. They work great.

If you look at the pics in my previous post you will see that in one it has EAW pivot mounts and in the other Talley QDs. Both work well. The Talley’s are too low for use with a Swarovski scope. The EAW’s are just high enough for use with Swarovski optics and allow the scope to be mounted further to the rear.

I believe that I am done tinkering with scopes on this rifle. It now wears a Swarovski Z6 1.7-10 in EAW mounts. I’m not sure what your intentions are for your rifle, but that combo is spot on for my future applications.
wow everyone...such beautiful rifles!!! I will shortly be posting pictures of my Rigby in 275 Rigby built in 1956 and is called a High Volocity Sporter which was the preample to the now HS. It has had to be completely refurbished. I trust it meets with everyone's approval and has truly been a labor of love to get it back to its original condition. I am a hunter period...not a collector in any way.

wow everyone...such beautiful rifles!!! I will shortly be posting pictures of my Rigby in 275 Rigby built in 1956 and is called a High Volocity Sporter which was the preample to the now HS. It has had to be completely refurbished. I trust it meets with everyone's approval and has truly been a labor of love to get it back to its original condition. I am a hunter period...not a collector in any way.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!

Hello....this is my first ever post as I normally just read the threads, soak up the information shared, and view all the pics. It is fantastic to see such beautiful Rigbys being both loved and used in the field...the rifles in this thread are just stunning. I finally got to use my Rigby HS 275 last month when I was able to get back to Africa. I harvested some great plains game with the HS 275 and I simply fell in love even more with the HS rifle. It is well-balanced, easy to carry all day and functions like the well-tuned rifle Rigby made it to be. The 275 cartridge took all game with one shot at distances from 50 to 226 yards. I look forward to taking my HS back to Africa as well as using it this upcoming deer season.
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg
13.jpeg
12.jpeg

Hello....this is my first ever post as I normally just read the threads, soak up the information shared, and view all the pics. It is fantastic to see such beautiful Rigbys being both loved and used in the field...the rifles in this thread are just stunning. I finally got to use my Rigby HS 275 last month when I was able to get back to Africa. I harvested some great plains game with the HS 275 and I simply fell in love even more with the HS rifle. It is well-balanced, easy to carry all day and functions like the well-tuned rifle Rigby made it to be. The 275 cartridge took all game with one shot at distances from 50 to 226 yards. I look forward to taking my HS back to Africa as well as using it this upcoming deer season.View attachment 541275View attachment 541276View attachment 541277View attachment 541278View attachment 541279View attachment 541280View attachment 541281View attachment 541282View attachment 541283View attachment 541284View attachment 541285View attachment 541286View attachment 541287
Looks like you always keep quite a few HS in stock. What caliber do you sell the most of?

Beautiful rifle and congratulations on what looks like a great hunt.

Wow, wow! Not hard to understand your love for that rifle, it is the best HS I have seen. Congratulations upon the fine bag too, all great.

Wow, wow! Not hard to understand your love for that rifle, it is the best HS I have seen. Congratulations upon the fine bag too, all great.
Likewise - well done.

Thank you for the quick reply. Actually the Z6 1.7-10x42 is one of my favorites and will probably be what I use. Maybe the illuminated reticle version. This will primarily be for plains game, leopard and some local deer hunting at reasonable ranges.

Are these the EAW mounts directly from Rigby? I was wondering if they match the finish on the HS?
Mine wears the Z5i 3-10x44. I will be using it for my leopard and PG hunts

Mine is in .275 Rigby. With a Z8i, 1.7-13.3x42

I went with the Talley mounts and rings. I ordered both part numbers from Talley to try, and prefer the Signature Series, it looks better to me, However I had to mill a small relief on the rear base for the bolt to open and close. Might have been a mix-up but both sets required it?

Fortunately I have a milling machine and pleased with the outcome. I like scopes as low as possible, the Talley low rings are too low, as WAB has previously mentioned, I went with the Medium rings, they just clear the bolt handle.

IMG_1744.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to London earlier this month to order a Purdey. Dropped in on Rigby to get a look at their operation. Craftsmen in the shop working hard, and a lady on a microscope looking device to do engraving. Marc Newton came out of his office to introduce himself, and it was nice to finally attach faces with names after buying four guns over the last 5-6 years. They couldn’t have been nicer people. Our guns are made by some great folks.

I went with the Talley mounts and rings. I ordered both part numbers from Talley to try, and prefer the Signature Series, it looks better to me, However I had to mill a small relief on the rear base for the bolt to open and close. Might have been a mix-up but both sets required it?

Fortunately I have a milling machine and pleased with the outcome. I like scopes as low as possible, the Talley low rings are too low, as WAB has previously mentioned, I went with the Medium rings, they just clear the bolt handle.

View attachment 573849
Nice rifle, love the stock

View attachment 573849
I ordered Tallys for my Mauser 98 and had the same problem with the rear base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TuyetCobb

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]